seven

Daddy: How's my baby girl doing?

Me: Fine.

Daddy: Just fine?

Daddy: Should I come over?

Daddy: We could watch a movie together?

Daddy: Are you still upset about earlier?

Daddy: I didn't mean to hurt you. I'm so sorry.

Me: Harry, stop. You don't have to come over.

Me: And I'm not upset about earlier.

Me: I'm fine.

Daddy: Goddamnit, Lucy.

Daddy: You know how I feel about you calling me Harry.

Daddy: Just because you know who I am now doesn't mean you get to call me that!

Daddy: I'm sorry, baby. I didn't mean to sound so angry.

Daddy: Besides, I'm already in front of your door, so open up.

Me: I'm not opening the door for you.

Daddy: Oh, come on now, baby girl. You know you want to.

Me: Maybe I'm just too lazy.

Daddy: Stop teasing Daddy.

Daddy: I'll open the door myself then.

And the moment he sent that, I hear the lock turn and the front door squeaks open.

"Princess?"

Daddy.

"Are you upstairs, baby girl?" his voice rings through the hallway.

Loud footsteps stomp up the stairs.

Daddy: Baby?

"Where are you, Kitten?" he chuckles.

I remain silent.

"We're not playing hide and seek now, are we?"

I quietly move off my bed and hide beside it.

"Okay, perhaps you are playing, and you don't want me to find you? Is that it? But what happens if Daddy does find you? Have you thought about that yet?" his voice sounds farther than it just did. I think he moved past my room.

"Don't think you can hide from Daddy, baby girl. Daddy will always find you."

I gulp and slide under my bed. I don't know why, but I'm a little afraid. What will he do when he finds me? What's going to happen?

"Oh Lucy." he makes a 'tsk tsk' noise, "Come out come out wherever you are."

My bedroom door finally creaks open and I can see Daddy's boots from underneath the bed.

"I know you're in here, baby. Show yourself to Daddy." he boots tap on the floor, coming closer and closer to me.

They turn to the right. I hear my closet door open. He's going through my clothes, "Not here." he whispers, "That must mean one thing."

The door closes again and his boots start to tap again.

Tap tap tap.

A drawer opens.

"You've got some nice lingerie, Princess. Mhm, you'll have to give Daddy a little show in those someday." he groans.

I gasp. Not so smart.

"Ah, what was that?"

I gulp.

My phone makes a muffled noise.

"You hiding under the bed? Oh baby, you've been a real bad girl to Daddy."

Daddy: I think I found you, baby girl.

Tap tap tap.

I see Daddy's shoes in front of me now. They're not moving.

Suddenly I see his hands on the floor. It seems that he is bending down.

Then I see his gorgeous face, his lips, turning into a mischievous smirk. I've been caught.

"Found you, Kitten."