thirty five

I thought I was going insane the second I heard my mother's voice. Maybe I was. Or maybe I was just hoping I was dreaming it, or imagining it. Unfortunately it wasn't a dream nor was it my imagination. I didn't even hear the door open.

I was mad, mad at my mother for not knocking before walking in. I was mad at myself for letting Harry come over. And I was mad at Harry, for making so much noise.

I pulled away from Harry in shock, my face immediately flushing bright red. I could feel myself heating up. We got caught.

"M-mother, I-I.. um.. I-it's not what it l-looks like." I stammer, standing up.

"Mrs. Coleman! Pleasure to see you on this lovely evening! How have you been?" Harry cuts in, clapping his hands together and moves in front of me. He has a bright smile plastered on his face.

What's he doing?!

He's only making it worse!

My mother rolls her eyes, "Luciana April Coleman." Oh god, I know when she says my full name, I'm in trouble. Big trouble, "Can I have a word with you, please?" she doesn't sound calm. I feel like the second we're out of my room, she's going to explode.

"Yes." I sigh and follow her out my bedroom door.

"Luciana, what on earth do you think you're doing with that man?!" she spits in anger, "He's 25 for heaven's sake! And he's your boyfriend?! Do you think he loves you?! He's a pedophile! Of course he doesn't love you. I didn't raise you like this! Like a, like a whore! You disgust me! I cannot believe you are my daughter! I can't imagine you doing those filthy things with that man! Have you lost your mind?! He's using you! He's just using you for the sex to throw you away afterwards! You're trash to him! Nothing!"

Whore.

He doesn't love you.

You disgust me.

Filthy.

My eyes were filling up with tears, rolling down my cheeks. I can't believe my mother said those things to me. I even bet Harry could hear them. What would he be thinking right now? He'd probably dump me after this, saying he couldn't handle this woman being my mother. I can already feel it coming.

How dare my mother call Harry a pedophile? He is most definitely not!

He would never leave me for this!

Would he?

He wouldn't!

He loves me!

He loves me?

He does!

Does he?

"I want you out off my house! I don't want to see you and your slutty face around here anymore! I want you to pack your bags right now and get the hell out of my house! You're not my daughter anymore. You disgusting filthy child!"

And that is what broke me. I was being thrown out of the house. I had to live on the streets. I was officially homeless.

Harry's going to break up with me and I will have nothing.

No, he won't.

Would he?

Will he?

He's going to.

Macy probably wouldn't let me stay at hers. She would have to tell her parents what happened and they would most likely think different of me.