forty four

Happy New Year everyone! x

I hope 2016 will be a lot better than 2015 was for all of us!

* * * * * *

[Still] Lucy's POV

Being the curious little shit I am, I look through their other messages.

sweetcheeks: miss you baby cakes :(

Me [haz obv.]: Miss you too, sweetcheeks.

sweetcheeks: when will i see/fuck you again? ;)

Me: I don't know, boo.

Me: Not very soon.

Me: And only see. You know what I told you last time.

sweetcheeks: i know, haz.

sweetcheeks: but i can wait until we meet again.

sweetcheeks: btw, you know what day it is today? :)

Me: Yeah! It's Christmas Eve. :)

sweetcheeks: u_u

Me: Kidding.

Me: Happy birthday, sweetcheeks <3

sweetcheeks: thanks, baby cakes ;)

I could feel anger boiling up inside of me. I will have to talk about this with Harry later. Is this why he's been acting so strange lately? Has he found someone else? Does he love someone else now? I bet she's very pretty. And definitely older than I am.

Sticking the phone into my pocket, I casually walk down the stairs like nothing's wrong, whatsoever. Arriving downstairs, I give Harry his phone. Well, I drop it onto his lap. He gives me a strange look at first, but then kisses my lips and stares at me with a very fond look on his face, "Thank you, angel."

Angel.

No, Lucy, you're mad at him.

So, I give him a small smile and plop down onto the couch next to him.

"I must admit, you guys are really cute together." Gemma chuckles, "Oh, and by the way, I'm spending Christmas here!"

"No way!" Harry exclaims, a big grin appearing on his face.

"Yeah! What'd you think? I'd come here for a few hours and drive back for 2 more hours?"

"That's amazing. It'll be the first time in forever we're spending Christmas together." Harry says.

"Yeah, we would've done it every year if you weren't with someone else." Gemma spills and covers her mouth quickly, making me frown, "Oops."

"Gem!"

"Who were you spending Christmas with, Harry?" I ask him.

He sighs, "I was with Lou."

"Lou as in Boobear Louis?"

"Yes, Boobear Louis." Harry chuckles slightly.

"Why were you with him?" I ask out of curiosity.

"Because he doesn't have anyone else to spend it with and we're best mates."

I nod, "Okay."

After a while, I take a sip of my drink before turning to face Harry, "Haz? I need to tell you something."

"What is it?" he pecks my nose.

"I, uhm, I didn't get you anything for Christmas." I look down at my lap and play with my fingers.

"Don't worry, love." he places his finger under my chin to make me look at him again, "You've given me enough already." he winks at me and chuckles.

I blush and nod, "Did you get me something?"

"Of course I did." he says.

"You didn't have to."

"I know." he smiles.

"But?"

"I wanted to, because I love you."

* * * * * *

It was now the evening and Harry's whole family plus me were sitting in a circle on the ground with all the presents in the middle.

"Now I just feel bad for you guys, because I didn't buy you any presents." I chuckle quietly as everyone is opening and giving out their presents.

"Don't worry, love. The happiness of our son is the best present we could ever have asked for." Anne gives me a reassuring smile.

I got a new pair of boots from Anne and Robin. And Gemma gave me a silver bracelet.

"Babe?" Harry asks, making me look at him.

"Hm?"

"Here's your present." he gives me a small smile and blushes.

"Thank you." I take the small box Harry hands to me.

Fumbling with the package for a while, I finally manage to open it and gasp when I see a beautiful ring inside.

"It's a promise ring." Harry adds.

I carefully take the ring out of its box, admiring it with a huge smile on my face, "Harry." I let out the breath that I was holding in.

"There is something engraved on the inside of the ring."

I squint my eyes to look at the words.

My precious Princess. I love you. H

I blink away a few tears that were forming in my eyes.

"Harry." my voice cracks and I jump up, hugging him tightly, "I love you."

When we pull away, Harry pecks my lips and slides the ring onto my ring finger.

"Perfect." he mutters, grabbing my face and pecking my lips once again.

And for a while, I forget about everything that is happening around me. Gemma, who's been 'awing' for the past few minutes. And Anne and Robin, who have been staring at us with tears in their eyes.

But also 'sweetcheeks', the person that has been texting my Harry. The person whom I had no idea of who it was.

However, for now, I'm stuck in this moment, with Harry in my arms, the man whom I've grown to love. And with this beautiful ring on my finger, that symbolises our love for each other.

And that's when I realise that I am happy.

* * * * * *

larry is real, bye.