fifty three

At school, Harry didn't really have any friends. Well, he did have them at one point, but he lost them. Simply because they weren't really allowed to come home with Harry after school. He was afraid. Afraid of what someone might have thought when they did come home with him. He wouldn't know if his drunk father was there or his depressed mother. He didn't want his friends to see what state he was living him. He would be embarrassed.

So that's the reason why he was alone for most of the time.

He also felt that way, even when people were surrounding him every place he went to.

And that stayed that way for quite a while.

* * * * * *

1 month later

I woke up this morning to an empty bed.

Let me inform you that Harry has finally found a job! He's now doing the same work he's done before, but now for another company. Actually, an old friend of him works there as well, Liam Payne. I've never heard the name before, but when I asked Harry to tell me about him, he spoke very highly of him. Liam actually got Harry the job, and the company is very happy with Harry. He has is own office and works there most of the time. That's actually where he is at right now.

It's the 1st of February, which means it's Harry's birthday. I took today off. Harry thinks I probably forgot his birthday, but I didn't. I told Liam I'd come in this afternoon to surprise Harry at his work. I would run down to the pastry shop and get his favorite one.

So the first thing I did this morning was quickly get out of bed and take a nice long shower. I made sure to wash every part of my body and shave everything. After that, even though it was still winter, I grabbed a dress out of my closed that I had never worn before and threw it on. I blow-dried my hair and let it fall on my shoulders in its natural waves. Applying some make-up to my face and putting on some perfume, shoes and a coat, I was ready to go.

Since the pastry shop was two blocks away and the company Harry works at is within walking distance, I decided to walk the whole way.

"Hello, love. Welcome to Bittersweet! How may I help you?" the woman behind the counter asks as I enter the shop.

"Yes, please. Can I have two banana nut muffins and one chocolate croissant?" Harry loves muffins and he loves bananas, so why not buy him this? He literally eats two bananas everyday, we have a whole basket full of bananas at home just for Harry.

"Of course. Anything else?" She, Sophia, I've learned, asks me.

"No, thank you." I smile.

"That'll be £5,49 then." she says and hands me my pastries in a cute little bag.

I give her the money and we say our goodbyes.

I enter the huge building Harry works in several miutes later after leaving the pastry shop. I walk towards the people behind the counter. It's my first time coming here.

"Can I help you?" this woman says in a very annoying voice, not even looking up at me.

"Yeah, uhm, could you tell me where I could find Mr. Styles' office, please?" I ask her, while she's still looking at her computer screen.

A few seconds pass and she finally looks at me over her glasses, eyeing me from head to toe with a nasty look on her face.

"His office is on the 9th floor to your left. His name is on the door in case you can't find it." she says. What is she trying to imply? That I'm stupid or blind or something?

"Alright, thanks."

The grumpy woman mutters something under her breath. Something I cannot understand, so I decide to let it slide.

I take the elevator to the 9th floor, when it suddenly stops at the 8th.

"Lucy!" a voice cheers.

I look up and smile, "Liam, hey!"

I must admit, Liam is a nice looking lad. He's a bit shorter than Harry, he has brown hair and cute brown puppy eyes. I adore the man and his girlfriend is very lcuky to have him. I only don't know her name nor have I ever seen her before.

"Where are you off to?" I ask him after we pull away from our hug.

"Getting brunch. I'm starving." he chuckles.

"Ah, you should've told me, I could've brought something along for you!"

"Nah, it's alright. I want to see my girlfriend anyways."

"Wait, Sophia?"

"Yeah. You know her?" he smiles when I mention her name.

"I kind of just met her. I went there to grab some pastries for Harry." I smile.

"Really? Oh yeah, good luck with that. The four of us have to go out some time."

"Definitely! But I have to go, if you don't mind."

"Yes, of course! See you around!" he waves after I left the elevator.

The doors close behind me and I go left as the woman from before told me to.

I notice two large wooden doors and a little note thing on on side of the doors saying, 'Mr. Styles'.

I smile and knock on the doors, getting a small 'Come in' from the other side. I open the two doors and notice Harry sitting in a comfortable chair behind a huge desk.

He looks professional and very hot.

"Surprise!"

* * * * * *

i still love sophiam okay.