eighty four

I'd just gotten ready for my dinner 'date' with Harry as I just got a text from him saying he's here. I quickly put on my shoes and grabbed my bag as I quickly walked down the stairs, careful not to trip. I grab my jacket and my keys and leave the house, locking it behind me.

My parents aren't home either. I think they said they'd be back before midnight, but I'm not sure. So I have to make sure I get home in time, before they do.

I open the car door to the passenger seat and slide in the seat, putting on my seatbelt along the way. I close my eyes and sigh, trying to relax a bit.

"Hi?" Harry says.

"Hello." I reply, opening my eyes back up.

"Y'alright?" he asks me.

"Fantastic."

"I'm good, too, thanks." he says and starts the car, driving off slowly.

"I have to be home around 11, by the way." I mention.

"Sure." he raises his eyebrow at me and turns on the radio.

Look After You by The Fray started playing and I immediately hated Harry for turning on that damn radio.

I crossed my arms and listened to the words he sang.

"Oh, oh, oh.

Oh, oh, oh.

Be my baby.

I'll look after you."

I could see Harry tense up beside me.

"There now, steady love, so few come and don't go.

Will you, won't you be the one I'll always know?

When I'm losing my control, the city spins around.

You're the only one who knows, you slow it down."

Why did this song have to come on and relate so much to Harry and me.

"Oh, oh, oh.

Oh, oh, oh.

Be my baby.

Oh, oh, oh.

Oh, oh, oh.

Oh, oh, oh.

Be my baby.

I'll look after you.

And I'll look after you."

I turned my head to face Harry. He's gripping way to hard onto his steering wheel. I could tell by the way his knuckles were turning white.

"It's always have and never hold.

You've begun to feel like home.

What's mine is yours to leave or take.

What's mine is yours to make your own."

Tears form in my eyes and I try so hard to blink them away. Only one escapes my eye.

"Oh, oh, oh.

Oh, oh, oh.

Be my baby.

Oh, oh, oh."

Harry relaxes again and I turn back to look at the road. I wipe my tear away from my eye.

"Lucy?"

I clear my throat, "Yes?"

"Can you please talk to me?" Harry asks desperately, "Yesterday you were so helpful, talkative and bubbly. And now you're so...Sad, almost."

"I'm scared."

Harry glances at me, "Really? Why?"

"I'm afraid of letting you back into my life again."

* * * * * *

I'm so sorry I didn't update for the past 2/3 weeks. I have been sick all this time, and still am.

Next week's chapter will be longer and better.

Next update: Saturday, March 4th