8

Luna watched as Yue slept soundly on her bed. Slowly, Luna got off and exited the room. She made her way to the balcony and opened the door. It was a cold night. She stared emptily into the quiet streets, sometimes hearing drunk people passing by.

"Luna..."
"Mom," she turned when her name was called.
"Why aren't you asleep?"
"Can't sleep," she shrugged. The elder made her way to her and hugged her softly.

"I'm sorry I can't be the best."
"But you are the best. Don't say that," Luna shook her head.

Mrs Hua held her cheeks. "You should live happily, Luna."

Fate tells stories in mysterious ways.

*************************

Hala sat at the edge of her bed. She turned to her partner who was fast asleep.

"Morning," he yawned and opened his eyes. Hala smiled and kissed him. "Lucas, stop it. It tickles," she giggled when he rubbed his stubbles on her cheeks.

Lucas stopped and pulled her into a hug. "Okay I will because I love you."

'But I don't know,' Hala looked up and saw Lucas smiling at her. Deep down inside she felt guilty.

Lucas stood behind her. Hala turned to him. "Don't stare when I'm applying eyeliner," Hala playfully hit him.

"Hala, do you have anything to tell me?" He asked her in serious tone. Hala looked at him, confused.

"I don't."
"Sure?"
"Yes. I am sure," Hala nodded her head.

"Then, two can play this game."

************************

~ He was beautiful. His eyes, his smile, his whole entire being. But loving meant letting go. And I watched him leave, knowing he would never turn around.~

Hendery folded the letter and shoved it in his drawer. Five long years, he kept the letter inside it's envelope and he decided to open it that day.

His throat felt sandy as he swallowed his saliva. He reached for his phone and opened the chat box. Hala sent him multiple texts, explaining that she just wanted to keep in touch with him.

Slowly he turned his phone off and made his way to the kitchen.

"Morning sleepy head," Kelly placed a bowl of cereal in front of him. "Soy or oat or cow?" She gave him options for his milk.

"Anything is fine," he smiled. Kelly poured some oat milk in his bowl. "Chow time little boy," she chimed and poured cereal for herself before eating it.

He played with his cereal. "What's bugging?" Kelly looked up. He shrugged. "Meh..."

"Regretting?" She guessed and he nodded. "What are you regretting?"

"Living," a single answer slipped his mouth.

It's a constant battle.

**********************

Luna flipped through the pages. She stopped at a missing page. Someone ripped a page off her favourite book.