58

Hendery hated being there. He hated the constant reminder of how limited his time was. He fiddled with the rubix cube he brought along. He could solve it with his eyes closed. But where's the joy?

Slowly he pushed the blocks to match the colours. The clicks made him more at ease.

"You like rubix cubes?" Luna's question the other day made him smiled.

************************

He nodded and took the cube away from her. "Bet you can't solve it," he teased her before jumping onto his bed. Luna sat on his gaming chair and reached for the cube.

"Try me," she threw the cube at him. He messed up the colours and threw it back to her.

"Done!" She threw back the cube at him. All sides were done. He smiled. "You're good at maths. Just lazy."

"No... I'm good at copying . I copied your steps and retraced it," she got off the chair and sat on his bed. He pat the empty space beside him. She refused. Instead, she hugged her knees. Her shorts raised and her scars were clearly seen.

She turned to him. "Spit it."
"What?"

Luna pulled her shorts down so it'd cover her scars. She faced him and smiled. "You've been eyeing my thighs for a while."

"No I'm not.." he shook his head, denying.
"Oh reallyyy???"
"Okay. A bit. But I'm not judging! Promise!"

"Okay I trust you," she smiled. "Lay here," she tapped her thigh softly. He was hesitant but he did it anyway. Luna played with his fried hair.

"You know, you should lay off the bleaching," Luna mumbled when some of his hair snapped off. He laughed and agreed.

**********************

Random texts from Hendery were something she anticipated every single day. He'd sent random photos and texts, sharing his day to her.

She sat down on her bed that night and pulled out her phone.

'I miss mom's dumplings'

Luna laughed when she saw the photo

Luna laughed when she saw the photo. He was eating some dumplings and noodles. Luna scrolled through her gallery. It was filled with random photos from Hendery. Be it food, fruits or just himself.