56

How does it feels to be in total oblivion when the person you love the most is hurting and you too are hurting.

Who says I'm oblivious? I know. I do......

She sat down on the floor and leaned on the wall. Luna knew it was wrong of her to eavesdrop, but she couldn't help it. She already knew everything.

Both Hendery and Kelly were talking slowly. Their voices were muffled.

"You really think it's a good plan?"
"That's my only shot."
"You're dumb."
"So I've been told. Would you help me and just tell her I'm going back to classes?"
"Be glad I love you, Hendery."

**********************

Luna woke up to the sound of something scratching her window. She saw a cat outside of the window.

"Hey... I'm scared of you but hi," she opened the window and touched the cat's head softly. The tiny cat meowed and purred. Luna looked up and saw Hendery sitting on his window sill. He was zoning out.

"You want me to go there?" She asked the cat. As if it could answer her. Luna closed the window and left her room walking slowly.

His door was ajar. "Hey, you up?" Luna knocked softly and peeked in.

"Yeah. I'm up. What's up?"
"I kinda am in the mood for some ice cream. Wanna go for a late night walk?"

***********************

Obviously it was freezing that night and it was odd for her to be wanting ice cream, but a date is a date. They walked down the chilly street together. Not a single word escaped their lips.

Hendery stopped when he realised where Luna was taking him to. "Hold your ass! Why are we here?"

"Ice cream," she giggled and grabbed his wrist. "No!!! I'm scared," he whined but she pulled him and they walked past the old cemetery.

"It's fine. You should be more afraid of people," she whispered. He clutched onto her arms tightly. Luna chuckled and held his hands tight.

They exited the cemetery. "See, we're fine."
"I told you we're gonna be fine!" Hendery released his grip and punched the air.

'How can this even be real? How can I be loved? How can he love a person like me? With so many flaws?'

"Luna!! Let's play on the swings!" Hendery's voice snapped her back to reality. She smiled and ran towards him.

**********************

Instead of an ice cream date, they actually went to the convenience store for some hot instant ramen and hot buns.

"Hot... hot.... hot... hot.... hot," Hendery once again almost dropped his ramen bowl. "Let me show how it's done," Luna mocked him and copied how he held his bowl with hers.

"Shut up!"
"Nyanya nyanya," she teased him and sat down. They waited for the noodles to cook. While waiting, they spent their time talking about books and how he'd be happy to go to another manicure.

"Luna, my classes are starting again soon. So I'll be going back with DJ next week," he suddenly blurted.
"Have fun in the States. Don't go around flinging," she replied with her mouth half full of noodles.

Hendery frowned, "Aren't you going to miss me?"
"I have to?" Luna asked him with utmost sincerity.

He  shook his head. "You don't have to if you don't want to."

"Silly boy. Of course I do. I'm going to miss you lots. Who's gonna talk to me about books and colours or whine because I watch too much horror and he can't sleep? Who's going to sleep while I sew beads? Most importantly, who will be the person I love to the moon and back?" Luna stopped eating and faced him, making sure their eyes locked to each other.

"Did you say you love me? Say it again, please."
"Nope. One time offer only. You can use the I love you voucher the next time we meet," she broke the eye contact and turned back to her noodles.

*******************

Hendery refused to walk back home. He wasn't ready for the cemetery walk. "Then, a bus or a cab?" Luna asked him. She sat on the springy horse and just slowly rocked it back and forth.

"Why do we need all that when we have Kelly? She'll be here soon," he sat down on one of the swings.

"Luna, smile!" She got up immediately and ran away avoiding his camera. Hendery ran after her, calling her name.

"No photos please!!"
"I'm your paparazzi!!" He ran after her and snapped randomly. Luna finally stopped and dropped down on the ground.  "I'll miss this," she lied down on the cold hard ground. He sat beside her and scrolled down the photos he took.

"I'll miss you," he lied down and used her arm as his pillow. "Ah the roles have changed but the love still remains, ey?" She teased him. He chuckled and nodded.

It's bizarre that I am willing to get my heart broken just so I can love you.

It's even more bizarre that I'm willing to fight and live just so I can love you.

***********************

She climbed up the flight of stairs after a while. Luna wished that he wasn't behind that door. But once she arrived, she knew he was. The loud booming of the television could be heard. Li Yun was watching some  rerun of an old soccer game. Slowly, Luna turned the doorknob and walked in.

"Ah, the whore is finally home. Was it fun living with that boyfriend of yours? Had fun? Ey?" He burped loudly and threw the empty can of beer at her.

"I AM TALKING TO YOU!!" He shouted when she didn't respond. "You whore!" He screamed at the top of his lungs when she slammed the door to her room shut. Luna blocked the door and sat on her bed.

"Shit. Just for one day can't I have peace here," she mumbled. Luna put away all her stuff and contemplated whether she should leave the room or no.

She decided to not leave the room but when she heard Yun screaming at Yue, she knew she had to leave.

"What is wrong with you?" Luna opened the door and pushed through him. Yue was standing at the front door frozen.

"Listen to me you whore. You can choose to sleep with anyone and I don't give a fucking care. But Yue, she needs a lesson from me!!"

"She was at Hala's!! What is wrong with you? Calling us whores when you're the one sleeping around with different women every time. Yue, come on," Luna dragged Yue across the living room. Yue was choking on her tears and when the door to their room shut, she broke down on the floor crying.

"He... He...."
"Syhhh. Don't say it if you can't."
"I hate him!"

Is it living when everyone you call family hates you and the one you disown, tries so hard to just bare with you. Barely living, barely feeling. Is this the life you wanted? Or is this just that plain egoistic heart of yours? Angry over a mistake you did, pushing it upon others so you'd never feel guilty.

Then tell me why are you drunk every night? Is it because you're washing the guilt away?

*********************