72

The sun sets again yet their hearts yearned for each other.

Luna cut the tofu slowly. Her mind wandered elsewhere as she continued cutting the tofu.

"Mother of dragons!" She shrieked when the knife accidentally sliced her finger. Blood trickled down her finger.

"What is wrong with you?!" Yun exited his room shouting. He froze when he saw her finger bleeding. "That... That.... That needs to be stitched," he quickly grabbed some paper towels and pressed it on her finger.

************************

"ER? Seriously?"
"Wha.. How... What? Why are you here?!" Luna couldn't believe her eyes when Yangyang smoothly sat beside her.

"I roam these halls because I happen to be here," he winked. Luna rolled her eyes. She was done.

"Nah, Hendery's here too. Then I saw you. So gotta check you out. What's wrong?"

"Sliced my finger open. Want to see?" Luna held her hand to his face. He shook his head and pushed her hand away.

"I've seen enough blood. No thanks."
"Is he okay?"

"Hendery? Well he is currently being transferred to a room as you can see there," Yangyang pointed to a group of people walking. "Gotta go. I'll be spilling more later."

Luna watched as Yangyang disappeared into the sea of people. He is another oddball. And she thought Hendery was weird.

She got her stitches done. Luna wanted to go home but a small part of her wanted to at least just have a look at how Hendery's doing. The only problem was, she had no idea where.

********************

Luna walked down the halls alone, heading back to the door when Yun dropped her. She was humming when she felt her arm being pulled hard.

"What now?"
"Aren't you curious where his room is?"
"Why are you always everywhere?" Luna asked him back. She was genuinely curious. He winked.

"I'm that skilful. Anyway he is in room 305 floor 7. Go crazy," he walked away leaving her puzzled. At that point she was sure he had a tracking device planted on her somewhere. However, she trusted him.

Luna pressed floor 7 and just hoped he wasn't pranking her of some sort. Luna was desperate. She missed Hendery way too much. She had to believe in Yangyang.

"Room 305," she whispered under her breath. Luna peeked into the small glass opening and saw Hendery on the bed, talking to someone. "I miss you..."

"Miss you too," Yangyang whispered in her ears.

"HOLY FUCK!!!!"

***********************

"Do that again and I swear I will kick your balls!" Luna slapped his arm repeatedly. Yangyang laughed so much to the point he was tearing up.

"Syhhh syhh. This is a hospital," he cupped her mouth in an attempt to shut her babbles. "I'm sorry.. I thought it would be funny," he apologised. For once he wasn't snarky.

A good thing Luna didn't scream out loud. She left after a while of just peeking through the small window.

At least, she got to see him. Even from behind a door.

********************

Hendery heard Yangyang laughing outside his door. He wanted to check it out but Kelly literally pinned him on the bed.

"Hello bitches!" Yangyang entered the room with some snacks in his hands. He sat down on the sofa and threw a bottle of orange juice to Hendery.

"You expect me to be able to open this?" Hendery held the bottle and laughed slowly.

"Try. I bet you can," Yangyang ushered him to open it. Hendery twisted the cap slowly and the bottle popped open.

On of those days where he can't even lift a simple shirt off the bed or pull his own blankets are some of the days he dreaded the most. Hendery sipped the juice slowly, wishing that whatever he's feeling then would disappear.

He heard Yangyang and Kelly whispering outside his door, but he couldn't care less. He knew it's probably about who should stay for the night. Truthfully he wanted no one.

Yangyang took off his jacket and rolled it into a pillow. "I know you don't want me here. But here I am."

"Didn't say anything. Wait, it's cold here. Where's your..."
"Here. I got it," Yangyang fished out his inhaler and shook it. Hendery smiled.

Two friends not the healthiest. But there for each other.

"You know, you never showed me Luna properly. I came all the way here and you guys broke up. Do you hate me that much?" Yangyang started a conversation in the dark. He could hear Hendery trying not to jump of the bed to choke him.

*********************

Luna swallowed the pain killers given and immediately went to bed. She had no interest in dinner nor talking.

She woke up in the middle of the night when her cut was throbbing in pain. She sat on the bed and just stared out the window, trying to drown the pain. When she couldn't, Luna naturally reached for her phone to text Hendery.

And without her noticing, she did. She texted him a simple dad joke.

Hey Hendery, what did the janitor say when he jumped out of the closet?

Seconds after she sent the text, realisation hit her. Luna panicked for a hot moment but her phone vibrated.

Supplies! I know this joke.

Luna smiled when he took the time to reply to her. Her fingers were quick to type that she misses him. But they were also quick to delete every single word.

That night, she learnt that as painful as getting you finger sliced, the heart hurts even more when it needs to lie.

***********************

Hendery listened to Yangyang's tiny snores. He snores ever since they were teens. Probably due to his asthma.

He scrolled through his album. Photos of Luna he secretly took flooded. How he wished she was there with him right there and then.

Hey Hendery, what did the janitor say when he jumped out of the closet?

A text made him smiled so wide. Quickly he replied to the text without even thinking. Just when he realised what he did. He regretted. But there was nothing left he could do.

He realised as much as he was lying, she probably is lying too. But the lies must go on.

********************

And I'm thinking 'bout how people fall in love in mysterious ways
Maybe just the touch of a hand
Oh me I fall in love with you every single day
And I just wanna tell you I am - Thinking Out Loud Ed Sheeran