70

Somehow, February will always be the month she anticipated. Just because it means spring is approaching. Luna hated the cold because it reminds her of the cold truth.

However that year was an exception. She didn't mind the cold weather. She didn't mind the memories that crept in, because despite all of those new memories were made.

That day, she waited for Hendery at the swing once again. Odd. But she waited for him. Slowly she pushed the swing with her feet and rocked back and forth.

"Look at the stars
Look how they shine for you
And everything you do
Yeah, they were all yellow
I came along
I wrote a song for you
And all the things you do
And it was called Yellow...." she sang softly.

Luna knew he was behind her. She could smell his cologne. The same one each time. Hendery sat down on the other swing.

"Hey, I have something to tell you."

*********************

Her smile. She smiled as if what he said just now wasn't painful for her.

"What is it, Hendery?"

"I... I don't think we would work."
"What work?" she stopped rocking and turned to him.

"It's too hard. I mean you here and me across the ocean. And the time difference and all."
"I can wait. It's not a problem. I am fine with it."

"Well I'm not! It's too hard for me. Besides... I know this will make me sound like a total asshole. But I've found another girl. There," the smile on Luna's face didn't even fade with his words. She just smiled.

"Oh. I see. Well, good for you. I guess, this is the end. If you ever thinking of getting married, I own a bridal boutique. I can give you special price," she softly tapped his cheek.

Luna took off the bracelet and put it in his palm. "I guess I won't be needing this anymore. Live a happy life, Hendery."

Not even an ounce of resentment could be seen from her face. Just genuinely happy for him. She walked away leaving Hendery on the swing.

**********************

Her heart was tugged so hard that she could felt it breaking apart. Hendery showed her a photo of him with a woman, kissing his cheek. Irrationally, she would flip. Rationally, she knew the woman in that photo's getting married in March.

Her footsteps got heavier as she inched away from him. She stopped at the stairs and broke into uncontrollable tears.

The lies. All the lies being told, being played off as nothing is hurting her. Her heart shattered with each step she took that night.

***********************

"No, Luna. Listen to me. I'm sorry but I don't think we will work. Not like this."

"So, you want to take a break?"
"Not just a break. I think we should just end this. Like for good."
"So, you're breaking up with me because the states is too far."

"Yes!!"
"I can wait. It's not a problem. I'm fine with it."

""Well I'm not! It's too hard for me. Besides... I know this will make me sound like a total asshole. But I've found another girl. There, I've said it."

"Ah, the classic I've found another love trick. Cool, Hendery," she shrugged, not believing in him.

"Oh for the love of. Luna, look at her. Does she look fake to you? God! I don't want to break you like this," he sighed. Luna smiled when he shoved his phone to her face.

It was a photo of him and Dana. She was kissing his cheek in the photo. How Luna wished she could spat to him that she knew the lady in the photo. But instead, she played along and let him broke her heart just like that.

***********************

Hendery shoved the bracelet into his jacket pocket. He slipped into Xiaojun's car.

"What just happen?"
"Nothing."
"Oh you expect me to believe you that nothing happened?"

"DJ, if you don't drive in the next 3 seconds, I'll walk home," Hendery wasn't even joking. He opened the car door and was ready to walk away. Xiaojun stepped on the gas and the car jerk forward.

"Close the goddamn door before your sister kills me," Xiaojun pulled Hendery by the collar. The door slammed shut.

"HIT THE BRAKES!!!" Hendery shouted when a man stood in the middle of the road.

************************

Xiaojun slapped the back of Yangyang's head hard.

"I know you have a death wish but not on my car!"
"I knew you would stop just in time. I trust you guys!" Yangyang laughed it off and hugged Xiaojun.

"You good?" He turned to Hendery. "I came over and Kelly said you were from the hospital. So I waited."

Hendery was quiet. He just watched Yangyang and Xiaojun catching up on things. His hands were fiddling with the bracelet.

"Why is Luna's bracelet with you?" Kelly asked when she served them some fruits and drinks. He looked up to his sister.

"We broke up."

*****************

Kelly couldn't believe her ears. She sat down and asked him to repeat.

"We broke up."

"But why?"
"Who would want to love a sick person, Kelly? I don't get it. Why are you guys even here? Why do you care?!"

"Because we care?" Yangyang took a sip of his drink, unfazed by Hendery's sudden temper.

"Why?"
"Do we have to spell it?"
"Spell it."
"C. A. R. E. It's usually related to love. So we love you. If that's not clear enough, we L. O. V. E. you," Yangyang emphasised on the spellings. He was always the one to bicker with Hendery anyway. Ever since high school.

Hendery could never win over Yangyang. He stormed off and slammed his door shut. Again, Xiaojun smacked the back of Yangyang's head hard.

"Can you not bicker with him for once?!"
"Don't you miss us bickering like an old married couple, DJ?"

Kelly showed Yangyang his room for the night. He thanked her and apologised for any inconvenience.

"Nah, I'd say the same to him too. But you did it first. Kinda expecting that," Kelly chuckled. She ruffled Yangyang's hair and walked away.

*******************

Is it me? Or am I just a fool?