15

Luna locked the door and put a chair against the doorknob. Yue watched as she tried her best to block the door.

"Luna, he won't come in. I'm here," Yue got off the bed and stopped Luna from blocking the door. Luna fell on the floor devastated. Every night she'd do the same, trying to block the door.

Luna started sobbing. Yue sat down beside her.

"Let's get out of this place. I can live in the school dorms."
"Yue, where am I supposed to go?"

The younger shrugged. "But living here is like hell for you. Yun won't stop harassing you verbally, physically or even mentally, Luna."

"You don't eat, you wear ugly outfits, you stopped having friends. All for what? For Yun to be a complete dick?" Yue added. She was frustrated. She might be young, but she knows enough.

"Yue... . It's not like that. I want to leave. So bad. But if I leave, how about mom?"

"Luna, you don't owe her anything."
"She raised me, Yue."
"No she didn't. And you know that. You were 6 and you raised me. You were a child yourself."
"Yue, mom was sick."

"She's not even your mom to begin with. The only thing you owe her is explanation why she allowed Yun to be a dick!!" Yue snapped. She hated how stubborn Luna is. She hated how Luna kept saying she owed everyone her life when she doesn't.

************************

Hendery fiddled with his phone. Clock struck midnight. He was supposed to be sleeping by then but his eyes were wide open most probably due to the amount of coffee he consumed during the day.

He decided to text Luna.

🤴: Up?
🌚: Yes??
🤴: Finished the novel?
🌚: typing........
🌚: Hey, wanna hang out tomorrow? I'm going to the book store.
🤴: 10 am.

"KELLY!!!" He ran out of his room and banged on Kelly's door.
"What?! Are you okay?" She scrambled and opened the door quickly only to see Hendery smiling at her. "It's midnight, Hendery!!!!" Kelly half shouted. He chuckled.

"Kelly, I think I like her."
"Don't think. You do," she walked lazily to the kitchen. "Is this why you wake me up?" She cracked open a can of beer and took a sip. Hendery nodded. He sat across her and watched her chugged on the alcohol.

"So, why the sudden epiphany?" Kelly handed him her can. "I can't like her. That's why."

"Hendery.... ."

We wished for things to be perfect. But we can only wish.

*******************

"Jump in loser, we're going shopping!" Hendery shouted when he saw Luna walking down the stairs.
"Syhh. Yun doesn't know," Luna whispered as she fastened her seatbelt.

Hendery feared for his life when Luna drove. That day, Luna feared for hers when he zoomed through the streets.

"Hendery, I don't want to die a virgin!" Luna shouted when he ran over a red light. "You won't! Calm down," he said in between laughters.

"I am never letting you drive ever again!" Luna said the moment she stepped on land. "I'm a good driver," he defended himself.

"Good driver my ass. I almost gave birth to my extreme fats!!" She slapped his arm hard. Hendery bursted into laughter. He stopped walking and laughed for a solid minute. Luna rolled her eyes and walked away.

"You know, I haven't laughed like that in ages," he caught up and told her. "Good for you," she smiled.

His eyes were focused on her makeup. "You like these lines huh?" He pointed to her graphic liner. Luna nodded. "These are called graphic liners, my son. They are tedious," Luna deepened her voice to sound like an old wise man. Hendery laughed again.

"Can you do this on me?"
"You want to wear makeup?" Luna asked him in disbelief. He nodded.
"Why not? Sounds fun," he shrugged and made his way to a cosmetic store. Luna froze.

'Is he even human?' She debated in her head.

********************

"If she likes makeup, don't go and tell her you look better without makeup. She knows. She just like them,"

"I know that. You slapped me once. That was a good lesson,"

Oh who could've forget that day. Kelly slapped the hell out of Hendery because he blatantly told Kelly she'd look better without makeup and that she looked like a villain from a movie.

It was Halloween and she dressed up as mother Gothel from Disney's Tangled and he told her she'd look scarier without makeup. That was the day he leant that makeup is for themselves.

"That aside, Luna loves makeup. You can see that. Everyone can see that. If you can't relate, don't talk about it. Okay?" Kelly reminded him. Hendery nodded. He understood the task completely.

Besides, he's constantly impressed on the amount of effort she took to put on those makeup looks.

**********************

Luna watched as Hendery cluelessly roamed through the aisles.

"Do you have any idea what you're looking for?" She finally gave in and asked him. He turned to her and shrugged. "I know this is Kelly's favourite lipstick," he held up a lipstick.

 "I know this is Kelly's favourite lipstick," he held up a lipstick

Luna laughed and took the lipstick from him. She closed the cap and placed it back on the shelf. "So, do you want to buy anything here?" He asked her and she shook her head.

"Nah. I still have a lot at home."
"Cool, I'll get this for Kelly then," he picked up a new bullet and made his way to the cashier when Luna stopped him.

"Hendery, try this one," Luna showed him another lipstick. "They look the same?" He tilted his head to one side and stared at the lipstick in her hand. Luna shook her head and explained the subtle differences of the colours.

He decided to get both and made his way to the cashier. Luna stayed behind and browsed the shelves.

"Look at that. The man is so good looking but his girlfriend is euw. No fashion sense."
"Yeah, look at her outfit and her cheeks are about to explode."

She could hear the two sales assistant talking to each other. She knew they were talking about her. She froze on the spot and just stood there.

"Babe let's go," Hendery slipped his hand and held her wrist. Luna looked at him in confusion but he just smiled and winked.

**************************

You're perfect as it is. Don't ever listen to others.