57

Soon the weather became colder and colder. Luna hated the winter because of how unforgiving it was. The harsh coldness, the chilly air. She hated it all. Nothing could ever make her feel better during those gloomy days.

"Mrs Hua?"
"Yes, officer?"
"I'm sorry for your loss."

Those words were engraved in her head, repeating itself over and over again. As much as Mrs. Hua was grieving, Luna was a child trying to understand the concept of losing and death.

Again 6 years later, she once again felt the loss. And this time, she understood the feeling. Losing was never easy.

Luna fell down on the floor sobbing hard. Winter never fails to bring out the melancholic in her. Her heart ached. How she wished she could rip the off and throw it away so she won't ever feel anything ever again.

********************

She watched Hendery running towards Xiaojun before leaving.

"Stay safe there and don't flirt," Luna pushed his forehead hard. He laughed loudly. "I was thinking of getting two new girlfriends there."

"Okay, cool. I offer cheap bridal dresses. Contact me. Okay?" She tried to walk away from him. But he held on to her wrist and pulled her into a hug. "Do you think I'm that bad?" He whispered into her ears.

Luna remained frozen in his hug. It was one of their first hugs. "DJ is watching us," she mumbled.

"Let him be. He has two girlfriends. I only have you. Allow me," he still whispered softly, not letting her go. She could hear his heart beating loud. "Someone is scared," Luna pulled away. She teased him.

They smiled when their eyes met and she decided what the heck and leaned in. She gave him a soft peck on his check. "Miss me, okay?" She said quickly before running off to catch the bus.

Obviously she slipped out of the house just to say goodbye to him. She knew Yun would threw a fit but she couldn't care less. Hendery is worth all the shit.

She got on the bus and sat down. The last bus of the day. It was super late. Luna watched as the airport disappeared from her sight. The length he took just so she believed in him.

She knew he wouldn't board any damn plane. She knew where he's actually heading to. But she's going to be oblivious for as long as she needed to.

************************

Slowly she tiptoed across the living room.

"I can smell your hair. Where were you?" Yun asked without even looking away from the television.

"To.."
"I asked where were you?!" He threw the remote control at her. It hit her arm before falling onto the floor and shattered. "Pick it up and give it to me. Now!"

She picked up the pieces and put it back together. She placed it onto the small table in front of him. He grabbed her wrist hard. "Ah, I can smell his cologne on you. Had a nice date, huh? I'm guessing you really don't value yourself," he scoffed.

"Y...Yun. Please don't do this."
"Do what?" He pulled her hand hard and released it. He laughed. "Scared, huh? Should've thought about it earlier, fatty."

Luna ran to her room and slammed the door shut. She could hear Yun's laughter. She hated his laugh. Yue who was asleep, woke up in a shock. When she saw Luna was on the floor trying to not cry, the younger one quickly got off the bed and made her way to Luna.

"Luna...." Yue reached out to her.
"Please don't touch me," Luna begged slowly and buried her head in her knees. She started sobbing. Yue leaned on Luna's shoulder and cooed her softly.

"Yue please, do...don't touch me."

************************

Hendery sat down on the white bed. "Home again," he mumbled slowly. The room was white and empty. Xiaojun threw his duffle bag on the sofa.

"This is nice. I can sleep on the sofa."
"DJ, thanks."
"I'll send you my details. 3000 bucks."
"My ass," Hendery laughed. He lied down on the bed and slowly drifted to sleep.

Xiaojun crashed onto the sofa and pulled out his phone. He slowly typed something but he kept deleting it. He was hesitant.

"Just tell her you love her. How long are you guys gonna let it hang?" Hendery threw his pillow to Xiaojun.

"Ya thinks its easy?"
"You live with her."
"She is like a fucking stone."
"Dejun, she loves you too. Tell her that."

"You too, Hendery. Tell Luna you love her. You cherish her," Xiaojun changed the subject suddenly.

"I do."
"Does she knows?"
"She does. I hope she does....."

Little did he know that she knows it. She knows how much he loves her and she wants him to know that she too loves him with her entire being.

Hua DeLuna loves Wong Hendery.

**********************

Another bride came to the store for a fitting. She was tall and slender. Her hair was long and she was so beautiful. Luna helped her with the dress.

"My bridesmaids should be here by now. I hope they like this as much as I do," she smiled at her reflection in the mirror. Luna smiled and nodded as she fixed the laces on the dress.

Usually Luna would leave the fitting room with the bride and watch the entourages' reactions. But that day, she didn't. Luna stayed behind.

"Dejun, do you think mother would like this?"
"I think she'd say it's too revealing."
"Is it too revealing?"

"Dana... . It's a long sleeved dress. Fully beaded. Which part of it is revealing?" Xiaojun scoffed. He made his way to her. "Your husband would love it. You look nice," he fixed her train.

Dana smiled at him. "Thank you for coming with me today."
"Anything for my sister. You owe me 100 bucks," he sat down on one of the sofas. Dana laughed.

********************

Luna felt as if a huge lump was in her throat when she heard Xiaojun's voice. She peeked and saw the bride talking to a family figure. Indeed it was Xiaojun.

She watched as he fixed the dress' train and all. How he acted around the bride. For a moment, Luna hope it was her on the podium and Hendery was the one with her. But everything went away when she remembered the bitter truth.

Hua DeLuna, professional daydreamer