11

Luna had the weekend all to herself. She was supposed to tag along with Hala and do some wedding stuff but Hala had last minute plans.

A person can never have enough books. Luna scanned the bookshelves looking for interesting ones. Her eyes stopped at a black covered book.

"Puzzle Pieces?" She read the title on the spine and reached for it.

Their hands met. "Sorry," they said at the same time and faced each other. Hendery laughed when he saw Luna and vice versa.

"Here take it," he handed the book to her. Luna shook her head. "Nah. Take it," she refused and grabbed another book.

"Oh. This is good too!" Hendery chimed when he saw her holding the book.

"I have the full series!! It's great," he added when she raised her eyebrows. "I can lend you the books," he offered. Luna smiled.

"You're lending me the books?"
"Yeah. I mean we meet all the time anyway. Why not?" He shrugged and assured her. Luna shrugged too.

"Hendery! Where are you?" Kelly looked for him. He turned and raised his hand. "Over here, Kels."

"Oh, you're on a date?" Luna asked him suddenly when she saw Kelly. Both him and Kelly laughed.

"Luna, do I look like I'm dating her?" Hendery made a disgusted face which resulted to Kelly punching his arm. "I'm telling mom," Kelly stuck out her tongue to him.

Hendery laughed. "She's my sister if you can't see that yet."

*************************

Luna face palmed herself when she found out Kelly's his sister. Luna knew Kelly way before she knew him.

"So, you're aunty Wong's famous son."
"Exactly. Wait why am I famous?" Hendery looked surprised. Luna and Kelly laughed. Kelly shook her head.

"Tell me!!!" Hendery shook Kelly's arm but she walked away laughing. He turned to Luna and held her arm. "Why am I famous?? Tell me," he begged.

"Your mom talked about you a lot. She is proud of you. Chill," Luna tapped his cheek. He blushed when she touched him.

"I'm going to pay for these," Luna walked away to the counter to pay. Hendery trailed after her.

"Hey, join us for cake and coffee??"

***************************

They lined up at the counter to order their drinks.

"I want iced americano," Hendery tugged Kelly's shirt just like how he would when he was younger.  Kelly turned to him and shook her head.

"No. You've had enough americano."
"But I want iced americano," he whined slowly.
"I said no means no, Hendery. You'll be getting the shaken tea."

He turned away pretended to sulk. Kelly asked Luna what she wanted.

"Iced americano please."

Hendery sulkily sipped on his shaken tea. Luna slid her Americano to him.

"We switch," she mouthed the words to him. His smile lit and he nodded. He was about to switch the drink when Kelly placed a slice of cake on the table.

"Don't even think of switching your drinks," Kelly pulled back the tea. Hendery sighed. "Fine..."

***********************

Hendery sipped on his shaken tea sulkily. His eyes were locked on Luna's coffee.

"I can't drink if you keep staring at me like that," Luna put down her drink.