54

Hendery saw her standing by the sink in the kitchen. He slowly tip toed and hugged her arm softly.

"Had a nice morning?" He asked her slowly. Hendery sat on the counter. She looked up to him. Somehow, her smile washed away all of the pain he was feeling.

*************

Their eyes met when she looked up. Luna wondered what is it that made him so nice to her.

"Can I ask?" She leaned on the counter.

"I don't do refunds but sure."
"What do you see in me?"

He smiled and jumped off the counter. "I see a moon. Shining."

"Why do I even bother asking?" Luna rolled her eyes and walked past him. He laughed. Hendery bit into an apple and trailed after Luna.

"Hey, no fair. My turn. What do you see in me?" He asked with his mouth half full.
"I see a little boy. A prince," Luna winked at him. Both of them bursted out laughing.

"Go and get ready. We're going out for lunch."
"I can cook, Hendery."

"I know but let's go on a date," he held her hand and pulled her to the door. Luna laughed in disbelief.

******************

She simply could not wrap her head over the idea of a person loving her. Luna stared at Hendery as he drove away, her eyes tracing over his side profile.

"Luna, what is it?"
"Why Hendery?"
"Why what? A date today?"
"You know where I'm heading. Don't play dumb," Luna chuckled and turned away. She could hear him smiling.

Hendery didn't answer her question. Instead he hummed to a song. It was slow but clear enough for her to be able to catch it.

"Frank Sinatra? Really? Are we living in 1980's?"
"Well, if you know the song, are we really in the 80's?" He stole a glance at her. She could see the corner of his lips curling into a smile.

"For nobody else gave me a thrill
With all your faults, I love you still
It had to be you
Wonderful you
It had to be you"

**********************

It Had To Be You was the song he hummed. Luna knew the words to the song. How could she not, her parents loved that song. She remembered word by word because her mother used to sing it as a lullaby to her.

When they passed away, Luna stopped listening to the song and eventually she forgot about it. But when Hendery hummed to the melody, immediately she remembered the words, the memories. The moments she would die for.

The car finally stopped. He turned to her and shrugged. "If you ask me why, I'd say probably because I'm crazy over you. But I'm a hundred percent sure you don't believe me." She shook her head and laughed.

Luna stopped when she saw him heading towards the nail saloon. "Come on, Luna."

"Hala's idea is it?"
"No....."
"Bad liar Hendery," she teased him and dragged him to the nail saloon.

Hala and Yue were already seated and were busy choosing their preferred nail style. "So this is your idea of wanting to patch things up?" Luna hugged Yue's neck.