21

Luna tilted her head to the side. She contemplated whether she should ask or no.

"What's bugging?" Hendery asked. He stopped chewing on the chips and shifted his attention to her. Luna smiled.

"Why did you apologise?"
"Did I? When?"
"When you were eating just now. You apologised to Kelly," Luna reached for a chip and bit into it.

"Well yeah. She's my sister but that doesn't mean I can touch her boobs like that. Even though it's not on purpose," he shook his head.

"But why?"
"Because that's not appropriate?" He was confused when Luna kept asking him why. She went dead quiet for a moment. So quiet that Hendery felt chills.

"Lu...."
"So, you never unclasp her bra? Or touch her butt?" She cut him off before he could finish his sentence.

"Why would I do that? She's my sister," Hendery stopped whatever he was doing and paid attention to her.

"Luna, brothers don't do that to sisters. We don't grope your butt or breasts or unhook your bras. We protect you from those," he told her something foreign. Luna nodded. She slowly pulled the dress and continued sewing in silence.

Hendery put the pieces of information together in his head. "Luna, does Yun do all that to you and tells you it's okay because he's your "brother"?" He air quoted the word brother. Luna hesitated before nodding. Her eyes were locked onto the dress in her hands.

********************

"Good Lord! I need help with maths!!!" Yue entered the room and started rambling. She threw her bag and pulled a chair.

"Hi dumpling brother," she waved at Hendery and placed her book in front of Luna.
"Yue! I told you I don't know. You've asked me this yesterday," Luna pushed the book away.
"Well if our brother is functional I can ask him but he can't even do time tables," Yue rolled her eyes. She kept babbling on and on about how she couldn't solve the mathematical problem.

Hendery pulled the book and slowly did the equation for her. "Solved it."

"HOW?!" Yue half shouted. He laughed and taught her how to. Luna shook her head. "You know, she's good at everything except maths," Yue whispered slowly.

"I can hear that."
"Well you suck at maths!" Yue replied. "I did your art project for you. How about that?" Luna retaliated.

"Not fair. You're good at art."
"That's why I suck at maths. Yue you can't be good in everything," Luna smacked Yue's arm. It was so hard that Hendery felt it.

**********************

Lucas opened the door slowly and made his way to the kitchen. He chugged on the water before washing the glass. He saw the dining table filled with untouched food. He sighed.

He remembered his conversation with Mark just now.

"Give her some time," Mark pat his back, assuring him that it'll be fine.

He made his way to the bedroom and saw Hala asleep.

"Babe, let's eat dinner," he shook her softly. Hala woke up and smiled.
"You're hungry? I'll heat them up," she quickly made her way to the kitchen and heated everything up.

He watched her heating up the stew. Slowly he made his way to her and wrapped his arms around her. He buried his head in her hair. "I'm sorry."

"Why are you sorry for? Hanging out with Mark?" She turned to him and kissed his cheeks. "It's fine. But next time a heads up would be nice," she ruffled his hair.

He cupped her cheeks and stared into her eyes. "This is why I'm so hurt when you still love Hendery. But I still love you."

Hala ran her fingers through his hair. "I love you too."

And we both knew you were lying through your teeth but we chose to keep it that way.

*********************

It's past midnight and Yue was already asleep on the chair. Hendery closed the novel and looked up to Luna.

"Psst. Luna..."
"Yes? What is it?"
"I need to go to the bathroom."
"Okay, go."
"I'm scared. Come with me,"

"Well I did told you to just go home," Luna chuckled, yet she got up from her seat.

"I haven't hang out with people in ages. This is the closest I can get. Let me enjoy my time.

"Introverts do hang out differently,huh?" She held her hand out to him. He reached for her hand and followed her to the toilet.

Luna stood by the door waiting for him. "Luna can you sing?"
"Why?"
"I'm embarrassed."

"The things I do for you," Luna laughed.

"The path shines and
I stand on that place
I'm waiting for you
It's not cold
Because when I hold you in my arms,
I can feel your warmth
You're my everything
I want to protect you in your days and your nights
To me, you're the miracle I hope I can see
Somehow, there's a present called you that melts inside me
You're my night and day
I'm waiting on this street
And I'm longing for you again,"

*******************

Hala watched as Lucas ate his dinner. She slowly ate hers.

"Lucas... . Why?"
"Because I've been in love with you all these years and I can't just let it go that way. Even if it hurts. I'll hold on. Until I can't anymore."

He held on to the rope even when his hand bleeds.

*******************

Hendery washed his hands quickly and ran out of the bathroom.

"All done?" Luna asked him. He nodded and followed her back to the small store room.

It was silent again. Just Luna humming as she sew. Hendery flipped through his novel but something was bugging him. He closed the book and shifted his attention to Luna.

"Luna... I wanna ask."
"Spit it," she stopped and looked at him.

"Do you have any social media account I can follow?" He handed her his phone. Luna nodded and took the phone. She quickly typed something in it and returned the phone.

"@hua_deluna ?"
"Yes. Flower of the moon."

She blooms under the moonlight. Indeed a flower of the moon.