23

Hala sat on the bed and bit her lips. She listened as Lucas kept talking on and on.

"Lucas. Lucas baby. Baby stop," Hala finally had enough and pinched his lips. Lucas stopped. Hala giggled and released his lips.

"I get it. I understand. We do it your way. Okay?" She smiled.
"Really?"
"Really really, Lucas. Let's postpone the ceremony."

********************

Hendery watched the empty seat from the other line. He could hear Luna and Yue bickering over should Yue shower or sleep.

"Hendery, should she sleep or shower?" Luna gave up and pulled the phone. "Shower because school is dirty. You don't want to sleep in germs," Hendery shrugged through the screen.

He could hear Yue screaming she hated showers. "So this is how Kelly feels when I scream because I want more game time," Luna laughed at him.

"That's what older sister go through all the time. Be happy you're the baby of the house," Luna put her phone to one side. She could hear him hesitating.

"What is it?"
"I want to watch a movie but it's a horror one."
"If it's that Deja Vu movie, I'm in," Luna cut him off.

He booked the tickets for Saturday and ended the call.

******************

"Bye bye kitty," he closed his window and lied down on his bed. He was halfway asleep when his phone rang.

"Better be good?"
"Now," Kelly hung up immediately. He sat up and sighed before exiting his room. He made his way  to the kitchen, filled his glass with water and answered Kelly's video call.

"I'm eating it. Not skipping. See?" He chugged the water. "What did you do all day?" She asked him. Her eyes were locked onto the dumpling in her hands.

"I bothered Luna."
"You did? She's nice, right?"

"Very nice. She didn't mind me being quiet throughout the call. She bickered with her sister and then we're gonna watch movies on Saturday," he turned away not wanting Kelly to tease him but she did anyway.

"Someone is shy. Mom look at Hendery! His ears are red!" Kelly teased him.

"Shut up!"
"Is that a date?"
"Nah. She doesn't know. Probably a nice hang out with a friend," he shrugged.

******************

The photos on the screen moved as she scrolled down her social media. She stopped when her sister climbed on her bed and lied down beside her.

"What is it?" Luna put her phone down and turned to face Yue. Yue smiled a meaningful smile.

"Is there anything going on between you guys?" Yue winked. Luna shook her head and pinched Yue's arm softly.

"Nothing. Syhhh. If Yun hears about this, we're dead," Luna whispered slowly. Yue giggled.

"You know, I like that dumpling brother."
"Then, go and like him, Yue."
"No!! Not like that! I mean with you," Yue slapped her forehead. Luna is so naive sometimes, it baffles Yue a lot.

Luna laughed. She knew what the younger one meant but she chose to play dumb. 'Who could like me, Yue? Nobody can.'

Yue inched closer to Luna and hugged Luna. "Have fun at the movies. I can't believe my sister is all grown up," Yue teased Luna. She could feel Luna's fingers pinching her arm but she didn't care. She wished the best for her sister and only the best.

*******************

Saturday soon came and Luna kind of forgotten all about the movie, until Hendery texted her.

🥟 : Yow, I'm coming in 45 minutes. See you downstairs.
🌙: 45 minutes?
🥟: We are supposed to go to the movies today.
🥟: I booked the tickets already.
🌙: Shoot! I forgot. Ah, see you in 45 minutes.

Luna jumped off her bed and quickly made her way to the bathroom.

"Hey Riri set a timer for 5 minutes!" She shouted at her phone and slammed the bathroom door shut. The shower turned on and she quickly showered.

It was a lucky weekend for her. She didn't have to go to work since she finished the dresses in one go. Luna ran from the bathroom to her room and rushed.

"Riri!! 30 minutes timer!" She shouted and grabbed her makeup.

"I should've made a reminder or something. What the hell Luna," she mumbled as she applied her makeup on. She decided to go for the less is more approach since she didn't have enough time.

 She decided to go for the less is more approach since she didn't have enough time

She then opened her closet and sighed. "One of these days I'll go out naked! I'm so bored of these hot thick clothes!!!" Yet she reached for a lilac knitted sweater which people would wear during cold weathers, paired with some white jeans and put them on.

"I swear if this is summer, I'd probably die from heat stroke or something," she mumbled and packed her handbag. Some makeup wipes, wet wipes, tissues, hand sanitizer, paper soap, lipstick, extra charger, portable charger, some mints, a small mirror, her spectacles, purse, a pad for emergency cases, a pen and a small note book just in case. 

"That is why your handbag is heavy," Luna mocked Yue's voice while she was packing. She was used to being prepared for everything, so she carries heavy handbags willingly.

The moment she finished putting the last of her stuff into the bag, her phone rang.

"I need to lock the doors. I'll be down soon," Luna picked it up and ran to the front door.

"Where's my shoes? Fucking hell, Yun!!!!!" Luna cussed when she saw Yun pushed her shoes under the shoe rack. "Stupid asshole! My shoes are stuck!!" Luna mumbled. What she didn't know was Hendery was still on the line.

"Do you need help?" she heard Hendery's voice faintly.
"Oh lord you're still there!! No I got them!" she picked up the phone from the floor and ran outside. She locked the doors and ran down the stairs.

Luna ran to the car and pulled open the door. "Let's go watch some jump scare," she jumped in, closed the door and fastened her seatbelt.

****************

Hala deleted the 7th text. She was contemplating whether she should tell Luna or not. Lucas who just got out of shower plopped beside her on the sofa and buried his face on her body.

"I'm hungry," he whined.
"Let's eat out? I've been wanting to eat that pasta dish."

"Carbonara?" Lucas looked up to her. "Exactly that."

"Let's go."

People tell me it's dumb to keep holding on. But trust me when I say holding on is worth it.