60

The wee hours seemed so normal for her. She woke up that day and decided to just do everything as usual. Her day started with the usual cleaning after Yun from the night before. She then proceeded to cook some breakfast for the whole house.

Yue walked out from their room and walked lazily to the kitchen. She grabbed a mug and poured some milk in it. "I wish I don't have to go to extra classes."

"You are always welcomed to skip and come with me," Luna said without even looking at the younger. Her hands were quick to stir the eggs in the pan.

"Ehem ehem . Li Yue if you skip my class again I will not hesitate to make you do 10 hours of social services! That's what Mrs Yoo said," Yue re-enacted how her teacher spoke.

"Then, goodbye little moon. You should go to class," Luna laughed.

************************

She drove an antique car. Far too antique for a girl her age. It was black but the paints are chipped here and there. The seats are torn and it doesn't look like it'd move on the road.

But she took good care of what was left of it. The car didn't smell musty or dusty. She tried her best to make it comfortable. Hendery yawned as he waited for her by the gate.

"Get in lover we have a wedding."

He tried to open the door but he couldn't. "A little help?"
She giggled. "Let me open that," she reached for the door and opened it from the inside.

"I'm sorry. My baby is a bit rusty. But he is still gold," she stepped on the gas.

"No aux?"
"This car is older than us. It has cassette player."
"I'll use my phone then," he turned on a song and let it play.

"You can sleep. It's an hour plus ride," she stole glances at him as he yawned. "Wake me up okay?"

"Of course I will."

**************************

His playlist was so random. One minute a full on hip hop song and the next was Justin Bieber's Peaches.

"But we took the step, oh, we took the leap
And we'll take what comes, take what comes
Feel the wind in your hair
Feel the rush way up here
We're walking the wire, love
We couldn't be higher, up
We're walking the wire, wire, wire"

She jammed to Imagine Dragon's Walking the wire when Hendery woke up.

"Is there any stops? I need to use the loo. Or can't we?"

"There's one there," she exited the main road and made a stop. Luna fiddled with her hair as she waited for him. A few minutes later he came back to the car with some drinks too.

"I bought these," he handed a bottle of orange juice to Luna. She smiled. "Thank you."

She cracked open the bottle and took a sip. She saw him struggling to open the bottle from the corner of her eye. "Allow me," she held her hand in front of him.

"Do you even enjoy this job?" Hendery broke the silence in the car. She nodded.

"I enjoy putting makeup on people. The dress part I just hate sewing beads. But they're fine. Beggars can't be choosers aite?"

************************

Hendery watched Luna carrying a heavy makeup bag and the dress for the bride. He followed her as she walked into the waiting room.

"Who will do the makeup for the bride?" a middle aged woman asked when Luna walked in.

"Me, ma'am."
"Oh, you don't seem like it.... . But, I'll leave it to you then."

Luna hung the dress on the rack and opened up her makeup bag. Hendery sat down on one of the chairs.

"Is this someone new?" the bride asked when Hendery walked past.

"I wish he's my assistant. Unfortunately he's a friend."
"Aaa her boyfriend!" Hendery cut her off when she said friend. Luna bursted into laughter and nodded.

"Okay. Okay. Boyfriend."

"Well, you're a keeper. She is amazing," the bride smiled at Hendery.

"I know she is. I've been telling her that."

' I'm sorry for the heartbreak that I'm about to give you.'

********************

In just minutes, Hendery and the bride were already talking to each other as if they were old friends.

Luna appreciated the fact Hendery made the bride relaxed. Usually Luna had to work with nervous stiff brides. She listened to them talking about the bride's selection of flowers and such. Sometimes Hendery can be that girlfriend and sometimes he is as clueless as any boy you've known.

"Where are you guys going after this?" The bride asked. Both Luna and Hendery shrugged they had no plan anyway.

Luna finished up the makeup and the hair. She then proceeded to help the bride with the dress. A perfect winter's wedding dress. Long sleeved and pure white.

"Ain't she a beauty?" Luna asked Hendery.

"She is beautiful!"

"You can't say that!" The bride shook her head.
"Why?" Both Luna and Hendery asked.

"Your girlfriend is supposed to be most beautiful!"

"Well I said you're beautiful but I didn't say the most," he winked and laughed. Hendery leaned on Luna's shoulder as she fixed the lace on the bride's dress.

*************************

It was silent in the car until Hendery turned to Luna. "You know you're beautiful, right?"

"What's with the sudden notion?"
"I don't want you to think I like her."
"Well if you do like her, your loss. She's getting married today," Luna laughed out loud. She really didn't mind when he called the bride beautiful. She knew he meant well and it was fine.

"Luna!! I am serious!!"
"Me too! Hendery I know. It's okay you can call other women beautiful. It's fine. I'm fine," she stole a glance at him and giggled. Clearly he was worried that she'd be offended but she wasn't.

He stared at her for the longest. "You know I am driving, right?"
"Yes I know."
"Then, stop staring Hendery."

He laughed and turned away. "Can I use your phone?"

"My password is 123456," Luna chuckled as he punched the numbers.

"Why do you need password for?!"
"Comformity my lover. Conformity."

Is it bad that I lie to make you feel better and you lie because you want me to feel better? But the truth is both of us are in pain, right?