34

Hendery opened the front door and melted on the floor.

"I can't feel my legs!" He wailed.
"I'm guessing you had fun. That's good," Kelly stood in front of him and helped him up. They both sat on the sofa. He rested his head on her shoulder.

"The ferris wheel was scary. You said it's romantic."
"It is if you're not afraid of heights dummy."

"I had a fun day but I most probably will sleep for 3 days. Please don't wake me up," he snuggled on the sofa and fell asleep almost immediately.

*********************

Luna put her hoodie back on and climbed the flight of stairs with Yue, each of them holding the plushies Jungwoo and Hendery won for them.

"More collections for you. How are you going to sleep on that bed, Yue?"
"If I can't fit on it, I'll sleep on yours," she jumped on her bed and lied down.

They were quiet. Luna sat down on the floor removing her makeup and undoing her braids.

"Have you ever wanted to leave this place, Luna?"
"What is that?"
"I mean, I don't know like get married and live somewhere else or just move away?" Yue got off her bed and sat behind Luna. She helped undoing the braids on Luna's hair. Luna shrugged.

"Never really thought of that. Besides, if I leave who's going to care for you and mom?"
"Luna, I can always live with dad."

"Yeah and then Mama Wu would be that step mother of the year," Luna mocked. 3 years of living with Hala's mother, Luna understood why Hala herself is awkward with her own mother. Hala is better off with Mrs Hua than her own mother.

Yue laughed hearing what Luna said. She understood exactly what Luna meant. How could she not? She remembered how mrs Wu would manipulated them to be the bad kids when they did absolutely nothing. How she would twist the truth just so Mr Li would get angry at them. Mrs Wu is a professional manipulator.

***********************

Luna rolled on her bed, not being able to fall asleep. Yue was fast asleep, exhausted. Luna scrolled her gallery looking for photos to delete and she stumbled upon the photo Hendery took of her.

"I like this," she mumbled. For a while she didn't hate the girl in the photo. It's been a while since she last told herself she was enough. But that day, she was.

~at the amusement park~

"DeLuna! Come on! One over here," Hendery pulled her to a photo worthy spot. She really didn't want to but he was persuasive.

"You better treat me to something later."
"I will. No worries. Now smile," he clicked the button.
~ end of amusement park~

Luna giggled. "It was fun. I enjoyed it," she locked her phone and slid it away. Luna sat up and stared outside her window. It was dark yet so calm. She was lost in the darkness.

************************

Kelly fiddled with her phone. She kept locking and unlocking it. For a while she contemplated should she let him know or no. Her head was running everywhere.

"Kelly, open up," Hendery knocked her door softly. He walked in and climbed in her bed like how he would do it when he was 6. Kelly scooted over and watched as he pulled the covers over his head.

"What are you worrying about? Do you need a bitch girlfriend tonight?" He mumbled under the covers. Kelly chuckled.

"Hendery, my boyfriend wants to end everything unless I get rid of this baby. He....." Hendery stopped her.

"Wait a damn minute. What?"
"He said he wants to break up..."
"That I know. I heard you the first time. That second part. Excuse me the fucking audacity this man....."

Kelly bursted into laughter. "You always have the best comfort words, Hendery. No lie."

"Kelly, leave that ass."
"Already did. And you, don't be like him. Even when you can don't be an ass."
"Does that mean I can be the uncle who spoils his niece or nephew?" Hendery sat up and faced Kelly. She nodded her head.
"Then, live. You can't spoil them if you die so soon."

"Deal!"

Ironic isn't it? A deal made on top of multiple lies. I wish time would stop.

**********************

Beads, beads and more beads. Luna made a mental note to herself if she ever got married no beads on her wedding dress. She took off her spectacles and placed it on the table. Mrs Hua poked her head through the doorway.

"Luna, Hendery is here."
"Come here, my faithful sidekick for I am bored!!!" Luna shouted from inside the small room. Hendery popped in with some snacks in his hands and a tablet.  He sat down and propped the tablet on the table. "Movies or dramas?"

"I'd watch a documentary and still hate doing this," Luna scoffed. Hendery laughed. "Horrors it is," he chose a horror movie and turned it on.

"I thought you hate horrors?" Luna turned to him.
"But you like them. So why not?" He shrugged and popped open some chips.

"BRO STOP RIGHT THERE! This is a white wedding dress!"
"I am scooting as far as possible," he scooted his chair far away from the table. "Thank you for saving my ass," Luna thanked him. "No problem!"

Hendery covered his face for the 7th time in a span of 20 minutes. "You're going to miss 80% of the movie at this rate," Luna shook her head.

"I'm sorry but I sleep alone in a huge ass room. I don't want a freaking nun to come and snatch my soul!"
"Hendery, it's a movie!"
"It's scary!!"

For a split second you are way more entertaining than a movie. But let's keep it this way so if you find a person to love, you won't break my heart.

"Luna...."
"What is it, Hendery?"
"Can you...." he hesitated.
"Let's go to the bathroom. Come on," Luna got up. Quickly he trailed after her.

Luna was thankful he'd accompany her that night to sew the beads. Yue wasn't around as she was at her father's for the week.

"Luna...."

"Look at the stars
Look how they shine for you
And everything you do
Yeah, they were all yellow
I came along
I wrote a song for you
And all the things you do
And it was called Yellow" she started singing without hesitation.

I have found my yellow, Hua DeLuna.