77

The waves crashed and the sea cried for him. His love shall forever float....

Luna closed the book and turned off the lights. She pulled the covers and was about to fall asleep when her phone rang.

"This better be something important."

"I can't drive," Lucas was on the other line shaking. Luna could hear Hala in the background babbling.

"I'm in fucking labour Lucas!! Get me to the fucking hospital or I swear I'll rip your dick off!!!" Hala shouted in the background. Luna laughed.

********************

Luna watched Lucas struggling to hold the newborn in his arms. "May I?"

"Please. Help yourself," Lucas nodded. Luna cradled the fragile baby in her arms.

"You're so beautiful. Yes you are," she cooed the baby. Softly she placed the baby in Hala's arm.

"Where's the baby?" The door swung open and Xiaojun, Hendery and Yangyang walked in.

"Syhhh!!!"
"Sorry.... where's the baby?" Xiaojun lowered down his voice when Luna slapped his arm hard. Good thing Lucas's parents haven't arrived yet.

The boys cooed over the newborn. Lucas was defeated on the sofa. He fell asleep. Hala too was falling asleep. The moment, Yangyang cradled the baby in his arm, Hala fell asleep.

"Are we uncles now?" Xiaojun suddenly asked. "Is this how it feels like to have a baby?" He asked some more when nobody asked him. Luna nodded.

"Nice, huh? Wait until it's feeding time and diapers," Luna took the baby from Yangyang and placed her in the baby crib.

"We should leave now," she ushered the three men out.

***********************

Xiaojun bit on his sandwich. "Want some?" He offered them to Luna. She was about to say something but Yangyang and Hendery came to the table with their food and sat down.

"I got extra. Dig in," Yangyang placed a box of chocolate milk in front of Luna. For a second, Hendery froze but he quickly played it fine.

Xiaojun kicked Yangyang's shin. 'I fucked up. Sorry,' Yangyang looked down on his snack and ate it quietly. It was awkwardly quiet. Nobody said anything. Luna excused herself after a while of silence.

"What was that?" Hendery asked the moment Luna disappeared from his sight.

"What? Just milk."
"Don't flirt."
"I'm not flirting! DJ help me please?" Yangyang turned to Xiaojun. Xiaojun shrugged.

"Not my problem," Xiaojun continued eating his sandwich.

Hendery was ready to rip Yangyang's head off when Luna came back to the table. "I left my car keys," she picked up the purple chained car keys.

How can you play it off as if you're fine?
I'm not fine. Just too tired to act.

********************

Luna broke down on the way home. How could she played it off so well? How could she maintain a stoic expression? She couldn't.

She stopped the car by the roadside and just cried her eyes out. How she hated her own guts. She hated how she was scared to face the truth.