64

If loving meant losing, then I'd lose everything for you.
But if losing meant loving, then I'd rather lose than loving you.

Luna wiped away the tear stained cheeks. The street light peeked through the window and shone directly on them.

"Don't cry Luna.. . No. I mean, don't hurt again," Yue hugged the woman she loves with all her heart. A sister, a mother to her.

Yue grew up watching a person who had the short end of the stick still being able to love unconditionally. She grew up feeling loved by the person who got the least love. She learnt to understand that Luna wasn't a superhero but just a person who feels.

************************

Hendery could feel his entire body giving up on him. His limbs ache, his fingers ache. Felt as if they're disintegrating with each movement he took.

Slowly he got off his bed but his legs gave away and he fell. "Son of a bitch," he cussed as he tried to get back up. He broke down when the only thing he felt was pain.

"Still want to go out today?" Kelly stood by his door. He looked up and quickly wiped away his tears. Kelly walked in and sat beside him. "You don't have to be strong, you know that. Right?"

"I promised to take her out today."
"Tell her the truth. She'll understand."
"No. She can't know. She's hurting enough."
"Hendery...."
"I'm fine. See? You told me I can do whatever I want."
"Yes, if you can!"

"I can. Trust me," he tapped Kelly's cheek softly, assuring her that he was fine only both of them knew he wasn't.

"Why are you doing this?" She asked him.

Hendery wanted to lean on her shoulder but stopped when he heard the question. He stared deep into Kelly's eyes before shrugging.

"I just love seeing her smile. It washes away the pain..."

Kelly turned away and tried to swallow back her tears. Hendery was a spitting image of their father. The actions, the love language, even down to their words. Hendery and their father used to butt heads but that's just proved how similar they are.

"You can cry. I know you want to," he poked her waist and teased her which made her broke into tears.

And if knowing means losing. I'd rather lose than knowing.... . But that's me not her.... .

****************************

Pretending is way harder than you thought. Sometimes just sometimes, you're too tired for it.

Luna woke up to the sound of nothing. It was absolutely silent. Her phone vibrated a few times.

I hope you're up

I hope you're up. If you're still sleeping, good morning! I'll be there at 11.

Ah, Hendery and his random photos. Luna replied with a simple sun emoji. Unknowingly, she smiled at the phone. Hendery sure knew where to poke the right places.

*********************

Luna stared at the pink sweater and wondered what was she going to do with it. Yue who had just woken up quickly mumbled.

"Jeans."
"What?"
"Put some jeans on. It'll look bomb," Yue yawned before pulling back her covers and turned away.

It was silent. Just the sound of Luna occasionally tapping her brushes on the palettes as she put on her makeup. Truthfully, she could wear just lipstick and some blush and Hendery would still smile when he sees her. But Luna decided to do something pink in honour of Hendery's favourite colour.

She finished her makeup just in time. Luna ran outside with her sweater and handbag. "Fuck my shoes!!!" Once again she cursed when Yun kicked her shoes far under the shoe rack.

"Chill. I can wait," Hendery laughed from the other line. Luna apologised and placed her stuff on the floor.

"Fucking hell Yun you son of a bitch," she mumbled under her breath as she reached for her shoes. "Oh come on!!!!!!!" She shouted when her shoes were stuck under the shoe rack.

"Hendery, I'm wearing goddamn heels today! Don't judge me!" Luna shouted at her phone and ran down the stairs.

She entered the car like a typhoon, still cursing over Yun.

"Girl calm down.... . We can buy shoes later," he pushed the strands of hair that covered her face. Her cheeks were flushed, probably due to the cold or anger.

**********************

The restaurant was jammed pack with people. For some reason Luna felt her heart dropped to her stomach. Hendery who came after her squeezed her palm softly.

She followed him when he pulled her into the restaurant. They were waiting to be seated when a child bumped into Luna and fell onto the floor. He was holding a glass of water and spilled it all over Luna.

"Theo!!!!! I told you to be careful!! Look at this lady she's all soaked!! I am so sorry. He is a klutz," a woman probably his mother, apologised to Luna and dragged the boy away quickly.

"You okay?"
"Just water. I'm fine," Luna wiped away the water.

They were seated quite near to the boy, Theo. He was still sobbing. His mother was ignoring his sobs.
"Stay there until you're done sobbing!"

*********************

Loving with your whole heart is not something easy. But I learn new things every day. And loving you, makes it okay.

"I'll be right back," Luna excused herself. She made her way to the sobbing little boy.

"Hey, why are you crying?"
"You're going to scold me aren't you? I'm sorry," the little boy sobbed slowly.

Luna smiled and shook her head. "No, I'm not. I'm gonna scold you. I'm here to give you this," she held out a candy to him. "You've been a good boy. You apologised. Take it," she pinched his cheeks and walked away.

"Lady, why?"
"He did well. He apologised. Don't be too hard on him," Luna smiled at his mother and sat back in her seat.

*********************

"What?" Luna stopped fixing her hair when Hendery kept staring at her.

"Nothing...."
"Spit it."
"I like you."
"Aww thank you. I like me too," Luna giggled when Hendery threw a ball of tissue at her.

Stuff like this makes it hard for me to walk away but also, it assures me of how you can survive without me... . You don't need me, Luna. Instead, it is me that needs you.