67

The room was dark. Only the lights from the streets peeked in through the cracks of the window.

Luna stared emptily out the window, wishing that she could be a better liar. Her heart shattered with every breath she took.

*********************

"Just a while longer... ." He begged.  "Allow me to love her just a little bit more before leaving... ."

Luna's feet were killing her. She was used to wearing heels but they still hurt so much.

"Told ya we should buy shoes. But you said no," Hendery mumbled with his mouth half full.

"No pain no gain."
"You seriously don't need pain to gain anything. You'll actually lose with pain. But each to its own," he shrugged. His mouth was quicker than his brain.

Hendery mentally slapped himself when he realised what he said. He hoped that she couldn't caught what he said.

************************

"You'll actually lose with pain...." her ears filtered the rest of his words as white noises. She wished he'd come clean to her and tell everything. But she knew he wouldn't. So be it. Two can play this game.

Luna watched him eating his instant noodles quietly.

"Luna. Say aaaaa.." he held his chopsticks high. She scoffed yet she took a bite.

"Let me feed you since your feet hurts."
"You know, I eat with my hands."
"Let me. Say aaaaa...." he insisted and fed her another bite.

Is this even enough to make it all up?

**********************

"I had fun today," Hendery waved at Luna as she climbed up the stairs. He'd wait until she disappeared out of his sight.

Luna loves the fact he'd wait until she reaches her front door. She just knew he'd be there in the parking lot, waiting for her to disappear out of his sight.

She punched in the passcode, but it was wrong. Weird, they just installed it a few weeks ago and Luna was the one who set the passcode. She tried again and door was still locked.

She sighed heavily when she realised Yun probably changed the pass. Luna pull out her phone which was dying and texted Yue asking her to open the door.

"Syhh... Yun is in his room . Quick," Yue whispered slowly. They tiptoed slowly but luck sure ain't Luna's thing.

"Ah here comes the whore... . How can you live like this? Went on a date when you're supposed to suffer like all of us!"

Luna tried to ignore him and walked away but he snapped her arm hard, pulling her closer to him. She could hear his heart beating fast. Yun reeked of alcohol.

"Let me go."

He sniggered and slapped her hard. "I still hate your shampoo."
"Good. Because I love it," Luna said without missing a beat. She pushed him hard and walked away.

"You whore! You're not supposed to enjoy your life! So heartless. He's dead be....."

"Oh shut the fuck up Yun! Why are you doing this?!" She cut him off. Luna had enough of Yun's antics.

"You're so absorbed in your own guilt and you're making me suffer just like you. Reality check, he's not your brother. He is mine. We share the same parents, same birthday! For you to simply say I am heartless, oh boy you're so wrong. Stop going overboard and pretending to hurt the most! He's not even family to you...."

"Let me finish!" She snapped when Yun tried to cut her off.

"Stop making me the villain in your life, Yun. We get it. I should die that day not Leo. That fucking truck should've crashed into me and not him. But Lord! I am so thankful it wasn't me. Because I couldn't imagine how Leo would live his life with a low life like you! You sick bastard!"

"Watch your mouth."
"I should? Then you should watch you dick and keep it in your pants," Luna turned around and walked away leaving Yun frozen.

The lock clicked. She sat down on the floor slowly, breaking into tears. She could hear Yun banging on the door as he cursed her.

"You fucking cunt! You don't deserve happiness!"

*******************

The room was dark. Only the lights from the streets peeked in through the cracks of the window.

Luna stared emptily out the window, wishing that she could be a better liar. Her heart shattered with every breath she took.

"Luna.... . Happy birthday," Yue climbed up her bed and rested her head on the window sill, trying to find Luna's eyes.

The clock struck midnight. January 25th a date that she used to anticipate but now just resentment filled her. She watched as Yue fell asleep by her side. How Luna wished things were different.

She fell asleep after a while only to be woken up by Yun smashing things in the kitchen.

"NOBODY CELEBRATES A MURDERER'S BIRTHDAY!" He slammed the front door shut.

She pulled a random hoodie and put it on. Luna left the house soon after Yun left, knowing she'd want to leave before the devil comes back home.

She walked down the stairs lazily, counting each steps one by one. "One two buckle my shoes. Three four a knock at the door. Five six I'm fucking sick of it. Seven eight I know being dead sounds great," she mumbled with each step she took.

"Being dead sounds devastating," a familiar voice caught her off guard. Luna looked up and saw Hendery standing in front of her.

"Why are you here?"
"To knock on your door and run away like a little kid. But I heard you singing, so I waited here. Where are you going?" he smiled widely. Luna shrugged.

"Somewhere."
"Can I come along?"
"I'm taking the bus."
"I drove here," he held up his car keys. "Let's go," he pulled her wrist.

****************************

And after all this time, I'm still into you
I should be over all the butterflies
But I'm into you (I'm into you)
And baby, even on our worst nights
I'm into you (I'm into you)
Let 'em wonder how we got this far
'Cause I don't really need to wonder at all
Yeah, after all this time, I'm still into you - Paramore Still Into You