24

"You want me to carry your bag for you?" Hendery turned to Luna who was struggling with her bag strap. "What?" She looked up to him. Luna pushed her hair away from her face and shook her head. "Nah. I can carry them."

Hendery ordered some popcorn and drinks. He turned to Luna who was lost in watching the trailers shown.

"Luna what do you want?"
"What?"
"I got coke. What do you want?"
"Water please."
"Just water?"
"Yes. Just water. Plain water."

***********************

Hala hugged Lucas's arm as they walked through the shopping mall. "I really want to watch that horror movie," she whined. Lucas gave her the side eye.

"Disclaimer not for the faint hearted, people with epilepsy, pregnant women and Wong Lucas," he mumbled which made Hala laughed. She knew how much he hated horror movies. They strolled down the stores window shopping.

Hala sometimes forgot that Lucas is a child just like her too. She sometimes forgot how much they bickered in high school.

She looked up to him and smiled.

"What?"
"How did we end up together, Lucas? We used to bicker so much," she pulled his earring softly which made him smiled. "Love happened. Or at least that's what I felt."

******************

It's the weekend. Everyone's out and about for movies and dates. Luna put on her glasses.

"That bad, huh?" Hendery asked when he saw her with the glasses, yet he also put on his. He saw her wearing them while driving and sewing but that's probably her first time seeing him with his glasses.

The whole theatre room screamed and shouted as the movie intensified. Yet Luna seemed so calm in her seat. She watched the whole movie, unbothered. Hendery on her left screamed for the nth time as the ghosts appeared again and again.

"Fuck this movie," Hendery mumbled under his breath. Luna turned to him and laughed silently. She reached for his glasses and pulled it out.

"Now you won't see much," she whispered.

*********************

Hendery hates horror movies. He hates it with his all entire being. If he has to choose between a cartoon for 4 year olds and a horror movie, he is glad to watch the cartoon.

But when he hear Luna wanted to watch Deja Vu a horror movie, he gave it a shot and regretted it.

"Now you won't see much," Luna whispered to him. 'Oh Luna if only you know I won't be able to sleep tonight,' he mumbled in his head.

"Aren't you like scared?" Hendery asked her as they walked down the alley to find the exit door. Luna nodded.

"It was scary."
"So calm?"
"It's just made up. It's not real."

"So you're telling me you'll be able to sleep at night after watching this?" Hendery stopped his track.

"Yeah. You can't?"
"No! That was hella scary I'll sleep with the lights on!" Hendery shook his head and slapped his forehead. Luna laughed.

"Little siblings are like this, huh? Yue hates horrors too."

"I'll disdain all glittering gold....."

"Stop singing my fair maiden. I shall not move another inch when you sing," he demanded her to stop.
For the waves shall be the witness of blood and tears and love for eternity.

********************

"DeLuna let's eat? I'm hungry," Hendery tugged her sweater sleeve like he'd do to Kelly. Luna followed him as he dragged her all over the shopping mall.

"Is Italian okay? Or Asian?"
"Italian is fine."
"Wow this is the first time it's easy to get lunch!"
"I'm guessing Kelly is the I don't know you pick and then I don't want that," Luna laughed. Hendery nodded so fast. "The struggle!!! You don't know the feel."

Luna's eyes were scanning the whole restaurant and her eyes caught a familiar silhouette. She waved and the person waved back.

"Who are you waving to?"
"My sister."
"Yue?"
"No. Other sister."
"You said Yue is your sister?"
"Okay Yue's half sister. She's over there," Luna pointed to a section. Hendery honestly couldn't see but he just nodded, pretending to understand.

They flipped the menu pages. Luna scanned the menu and couldn't think of anything to eat.

"I'll go for carbonara. And you don't say salad," Hendery looked up from the menu. Luna shrugged. "Pick for me."

Hendery flipped his menu and read one by one. "Is bolognese good or marinara with clams?"

"Marinara sounds nice," Luna nodded.

Their appetisers came. Hendery chewed on his bruschetta slowly. They were quiet for a moment.

"Hendery, can we like go to a karaoke room after this?"
"Karaoke? Sure. I have no plans after this anyway."

Hendery realised that Luna didn't eat the appetiser. Probably because she didn't like tomatoes. But she did get the marinara. He kept wondering but he didn't ask.

When the entrees arrived, Hendery dug in immediately. He was starving due to excessive shouting. While Luna just stared emptily at her plate.

A clam marinara pasta. It smelt so good yet she couldn't bring herself to take a bite of it.

"Wanna taste mine?" He offered.

******************

'I shouldn't eat this. What if I just eat it then fast for 3 days? But I'm hungry. But people are watching. They're gonna talk shit. I should've said no,'  Luna held a mental conversation with herself.

'It looks so good. And you're hungry. Eat it.'
'No I can't eat it. I feel guilty.'
'Nobody cares.'
'They do. They're watching.'

"Wanna taste mine?" Hendery's offer broke her bubble. Luna looked up and shook her head.

"Hey Luna, can you take my photo?" He handed his phone to her.

"1,2,3. Another pose. 1,2,3. Okay that's nice."
"Let me take yours," he offered. "Smile..."

'I hate photos...'  Luna smiled.

*****************

"Who are you waving to?" Lucas asked.
"Oh, Luna. She's there," Hala pointed to where Luna was. Lucas laughed.

"Hua DeLuna? She's here at a restaurant? I thought she doesn't leave the house."

"I guess she's hanging out with Jungwoo today," Hala shrugged. She cut through Lucas's chicken and took a bite.

"Honey, you ordered carbonara not chicken parmesan," Lucas pulled his plate away.

You are someone that I would never want to let go.