69

Have you ever wondered why the world is filled with so much colours but some were born to only see none?

Maybe because you don't see with your eyes, but with your heart.

It's been a week since she last met him. He hasn't texted nor call. It wasn't like him at all. She waited and waited for his random texts and photos. But the only thing she got was spam texts.

Luna sew beads again that day. Doing the one thing she dreaded the most. She hummed to Paramore Still Into You as she thread the beads one by one.

"Luna... . Let's go home," Yue yawned at her seat. She was bored out of her wits waiting for Luna. "You've been sewing beads for days. Aren't you bored?"

"Go home Yue. I need to finish this."
"No you don't!"
"Shut up!"

***********************

Hendery wished that the pain would stop. He wish that time would stand still so he could have more time with people he cherished. But no man can stop time. And he was surely running out of it.

"You seriously need to go back."
"One more day, Kelly. Just one more day."

Just for one more day. I wish for me to be able to make you smile.

Kelly broke down into tears. She couldn't held it in even when she promised she would. Hendery was the spitting image of their father and she couldn't shook it off.

Kelly was the one who took care of the old man. She was the one who cleaned, bathe and fed him. She was the one to bear the news of their father's death to Hendery. She was the one to keep all the secrets between them. It never got easier.

Hendery was exactly the same. The words, the actions. Her heart shattered again and again.

"Why can't it be me?"
"Because if its you, then it'll hurt more."
"Hendery I can't lose another person in my life. Not you not mom."
"You won't. I promise."

***********************

Luna locked the store and walked down the streets alone. It was a chilly night and she was freezing. Luna eventually ran to the bus stop when she saw it approaching.

The bus was empty, only her and another person was in it. Luna chose her seat and sat down quietly. She pulled out her phone and scrolled through her social medias.

"Is this seat taken?" A man asked her. Luna looked up and a man was standing near her seat.

Odd. There were so many empty seats, yet he wanted to sit beside her. "Taken," Luna replied nonchalantly. She could hear him sighed as he took the seat in front of her.

"I want to tell you, he's probably in so much pain now. Don't be angry at him."

"What?"
"Hendery. He's not a bad guy. Just awesomely stupid."
"Who are you?"
"A little bird," he turned and smiled at her. He gor off at the next station, leaving Luna puzzled.

"What the f... who was that?"

************************

Out of all the people who knew about Hendery's facade, only one never promised to keep it a secret. Liu Yangyang touched down from Taiwan just to hear Hendery being a total moron.

"And why is this an amazing plan?"
"Because nobody wants to love a dying man."

"Here we have an absolute moron. DJ slap some sense into him please," Yangyang sipped his coffee and turned to Xiaojun.

"No can do. I've been here longer than you and this stupid head insists on being discreet. If Dalila is his girl, I swear she'll kill him herself," Xiaojun shrugged. Nothing can be done if Hendery made his mind. Obviously nobody supported his decision, but Hendery will always be stubborn.

Yangyang saw her running down the street for the bus. He decided to just do shit. He boarded the bus and sat near her.

"A little bird," he smiled at her and got off at the next stop. Yangyang knew he was wrong to do that. But he just thought it was the right thing at that moment.

*********************

"Miss, your stop!" The driver called for her when she didn't got off. Luna snapped back to reality and got off the bus. Instead of going home, she made her way to the playground and just sat there.

"A little bird?" She couldn't scratched what happened in the bus. Who was the guy?

"You really love this place, huh?" Hendery sat beside her and hugged her arm.

"Excuse me? Why are you here?"
"Was thinking of you."

Luna turned to him and pulled him closer to her. "Oh so now you're thinking of me? You ghosted me for days."

"Sorry, busy. You know student things," he grinned. Luna squinted her eyes, not believing him but he was quicker and gave her a chaste kiss. Luna laughed.

"Ah, smart eyy??" She jokingly pushed his forehead.
"Gotta be. Can't let you be angry forever. I'm sorry," he snuggled on her arm and nuzzled his face on her neck.

"Are you a cat?"
"Yes, I am your cat. Purrrrrr."

Why? Why are we doing this?

***************************

Hendery got off his bed and hugged Kelly. "I promise you won't."

"Dad said the same and he left."
"Hey, I am strong. See?" He flexed his biceps, hoping she would smile.

Hendery was closer to Kelly than their mom probably because he spent most of his time with her growing up. Mrs Wong stood by the door, wishing that the pain would leave them.

Losing is never easy and never will be.

*********************

The house was dead silent which meant Yun's not around. Luna slowly made her way around the house and finished anything unfinished.

She washed the dishes in complete silence. Just the sound of water gushing filled the air. She finished washing the dishes when the clock struck midnight.

Her head was still thinking about the man in the bus. Who was he? Most importantly how did he know?

She sat on the dining chair and fiddled with her phone, not knowing what to expect. A single text message beeped.

Love the house, also the crow. (爱屋及乌)

*************************

Love a person and also everything associated with them. The flaws, the beauty. Everything.

Hendery Wong, you're evil.