86

"Hendery Wong you sneaky son of a b....."
"Shut up Dj my baby is sleeping...."
"Sorry I didn't know," Xiaojun immediately lowered his voice when Hala cut him off.

Hendery laughed. They actually decided to do a conference call rather than meet because one has a baby and the others were plain lazy to leave the house.

Luna listened to them roaring with laughter. She was in the laundry room, unloading the fresh laundry out from the dryer.

She was passing by when Hendery grabbed her by the arm.

"We have something to tell."

*******************

"Aren't you bored by now?" Yangyang sat down on the chair. He watched her fold dumplings with Hendery. Luna laughed.

"I used to sew beads for living. This is less time consuming than that. Aren't you bored of watching us?"
"Bored as hell but here is better than those extra curricular stuff," Yangyang grabbed a piece of dough and fiddled with it.

It was silent in the kitchen just the sound of water boiling could be heard. The others were just focused on finishing the last minute order.

"There's something I've been wanting to ask you," Mrs Wong broke the silence. The elder stopped folding dumplings.

"Yes?"
"Don't you ever want to get married, Luna?"
"Yes. But who wants to marry me, Aunty Wong?" Luna shrugged. She genuinely didn't know.

Hendery turned to her, looking so offended. "Excuse me?! I want to marry you! But I thought you'd hate marrying me."

"Says who? I never said that," Luna replied.
"So you want to marry me,Luna?"
"You want to?" She asked him back, causing him to be confused.
"You probably don't want someone like me," Hendery mumbled. He looked away.

Luna stopped folding and pulled him. "You listen to me. Like you like what? Oh so big on loving people on the inside and you doubted me."

"You doubted me too!" Hendery retaliated.
"Because I thought you have another girlfriend," Luna mocked him. Reminding him of the time he told her he and Dana was a thing. Hendery smiled.

"Marry me," he blurted suddenly.
"What? You're crazy?"

"DO YOU WANT OR NO?" He shouted.
"IS THIS A PROPOSAL HENDERY WONG????" She shouted back, playing along to his way.

"YES!!" He kneeled down on the floor, making a ring with the dough, "Hua DeLuna, will you marry me?"

***********************

Luna sat on the grass, watching the cat running towards her. "You like it here, huh?" She softly rubbed the cat's head.

"You're not afraid of them anymore?" Kelly sat down beside her. Luna shrugged.
"I guess Hendery's love for cats has rubbed on me."

Kelly smiled, "You know, Luna. You guys are something."

"Something?" Luna turned to Kelly. She smiled.

"Yeah. Two stubborn mules. But also two soft hearted individuals. So similar but so different."
"Why are you quoting Wonderful? I thought you hate that novel?"

"As much as I hate it. It's a beautiful story," Kelly nodded. She admitted how much she hated that one singular novel.

"Luna, thank you," Kelly pushed away the hair that flew all over Luna's face.

"For what?"
"For bringing our Hendery back."
"No. Thank you, for giving me a family when I don't deserve one."

Kelly shook her head. "Everyone deserves a family and so does you. You're always welcomed here. Always."

**********************

Luna laughed when Hendery held out the dough ring. "Not exactly a dream proposal, but can't ask for more," she bursted into a fit of laughter when Yangyang proceeded to sang Marry You by Bruno Mars.

"It's a beautiful night, we're looking for something dumb to do
Hey baby, I think I wanna marry you
Is it the look in your eyes or is it this dancing juice?
Who cares, baby, I think I wanna marry you
Well, I know this little chapel on the boulevard we can go
No one will know, oh, come on girl
Who cares if we're trashed, got a pocket full of cash we can blow
Shots of patron and it's on, girl
Don't say no, no, no, no, no
Just say yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah
And we'll go, go, go, go, go
If you're ready, like I'm ready..."

A single piece of dough flew across the room and plopped on Yangyang's face.

"Shut up!" Mrs Wong pinched his arm.

"Again, Hendery. Properly, I want to capture the photo," Kelly ushered Hendery to propose once again. She pulled out her phone.

Hendery got up again and waited for Luna to stop laughing. "Done?"

The moment she stopped laughing, he kneeled once again.

"Hua DeLuna, will you marry me?" Hendery held the  dough ring out to her. Luna laughed again.

She held out her hand, "Yes! I do!"

*********************

Most of the times, we see the world in black and white. So we need someone to make us see colours. Family, friends, lovers, pets. Anyone. Anything.

Some meet it sooner, some later.

Whatever it is, it's always what's inside and never the outside. Be it a book, dumplings or even a person.

*******************

"Mama, who taught you how to make dumplings?"
"Dumplings? Your father."
"He makes good dumplings?"
"The best."