19

Luna was peeling onions when Yun came into the kitchen and stole a whiff of her hair.

"I hate this scent. Use a better shampoo," he pushed her head hard. Luna just nodded and continued peeling the onions.

Luna bit her tongue as he continuously played with her hair. She had tied her hair into a pony tail and he kept fiddling with it.

"Yun, please don't do that," she said slowly.
"What? This?" His hands slid into her shirt and he unclasped her bra. Luna froze as he walked away laughing.

**********************

"When I say sit down. I mean sit down!" Kelly pushed Hendery to a chair.
"Look, I'm totally fine. See?" He held up his arms to her.
"What is this?" She pointed to a clear bruise on his left forearm.
"It's just a bruise. It's inevitable," he shrugged. Kelly sighed and made him sat down.

It was silent between them. Kelly turned away.

"Kelly," Hendery pulled her shirt. He could see her shoulders moving as she sobbed. He got up and hugged her.

"Don't cry. I'm not going anywhere," he comforted her. Hendery pressed his face against her shoulder. He could hear her trying so hard to not sob.

He chuckled and turned her around. "Who's older now? Me or you. Who's the older sibling?" He teased her. She smiled and wiped her cheeks.

"My mascara melted because of you!"
"I'll buy you 10 more mascaras later. Stop crying. I'm not dying yet."

Yet the waves are devouring him bit by bit. Piece by piece. Soon his body perished along with the waves as he swam deeper into the depths. Her voice echoed. But he couldn't turn back. The curse shall remain and he shall yearn for his gem for another thousand years.

***********************

Luna set the table up for lunch and disappeared into her room. She locked the doors and blocked it with a chair.

"It's normal. He's just joking," she mumbled to herself yet she couldn't believe what she said.  Luna fiddled with her hair. She ripped the elastic band off and threw it across the room. She hated tying her hair for this specific reason.

He'd pull her hair or play with it and she hated it every single time. Yun's hands were so slippery. It'd slip and slide all over her body while his mouth would be saying "I'm just teasing you."

If he's teasing her, why does she hate it so much?

***********************

Hendery sat down on the floor and picked a shirt to fold. Kelly chuckled. "That's not how you fold them," she took another shirt and showed him.

"I've always fold them like this in school. And that explains why they're all wrinkled," he slapped his forehead.

"You fold them this way. Less wrinkles. Less effort," Kelly nodded.

"Kelly, want to hang out this weekend or do you have a date with your boyfriend?"
"I have an unfinished business with my boyfriend. But I'm free for a game night?"

"Cool," he sounded devastated.

"You know, make friends. You won't be as bored."
"Do I look like I have friends?"
"I know they're like halfway across the globe. Make new ones."
"I'm 22. Most probably not as easy as elementary school."
"Luna? She's a friend."
"I can't keep bugging her."

"I think she'd love the constant bugging. Go and ask her. Who knows you'll end up with a date?" Kelly winked at him. He got shy and buried his face in the unfolded laundry. Kelly laughed.

You see beyond the exterior and that makes you precious , Hendery. - Kelly

**********************

Luna froze at the sight of a huge ballgown wedding dress.

"What? Full on beads? This Sunday? Today's Wednesday. How can I finish this??"
"They paid extra. We told them we can. Do it," Yun rolled his eyes.

"Li Yun! Are you nuts?!! It's not just the bodice. It's the whole frickin dress!!!" Luna almost shouted at him but she stopped when he glared at her. Luna sighed. She turned to her mother who nodded at her.

"I know you can do it, Luna."
"Yes, mother."

*************************

The bell rung as the door opened. Hendery walked in.

"Luna... . Delivery," he held up a chocolate bar. Luna smiled at him. "Thank you."

"You wanna hang out this weekend?"
"I can't I'm sorry."
"Grounded?"
"No!! I have 2 dresses to work on before Sunday. Gosh I hate my job," she slammed her face on the table. Hendery laughed and sat on the table.

Luna looked up to him. "Go and hang out with other friends."
"I don't have any. They're halfway around the globe," he shrugged.

"Sorry I can't hang out this weekend. I'd love to. There's a new movie I've been dying to watch but I can't," Luna once again slammed her face onto the table. Her hair was everywhere. Hendery pushed her hair away from her face.

"That's cool. We can go to the movies next time then. But for the time being, can I stay here?"

"Why? Your mom told you to stay away from her dumpling kitchen or something?"

"Yeah. Training a new dumpling master. Can't be there," he made a smug face which made Luna laughed out loud.

Right off the bat, people would immediately decide that Hendery is the more outgoing one, a social butterfly and Luna, a self isolating persona who chooses to be in the dark.

Look a little bit closer, and their true colours are revealed.

"You can stay while I sew the dress but it's going to be boring."
"I can sit in front of my pc all day."
"Suit yourself, Hendery. Don't say I didn't warn you," she shrugged and made her way to the back.

Luna turned on the lights and pulled a chair. She started sewing the beads one by one. It was so quiet in that small room. Only the sound of Hendery's game console could be heard.

After a while, he stopped playing.

"I told you it's boring."
"Why don't we talk?" He suggested. Luna nodded, yet her eyes were locked on her task.

"You like sewing, huh?"

Luna stopped and raised her head. She pushed away her hair from her face and looked straight into his eyes.

"I'm gonna say this again. I fucking hate my job," she said with the utmost sincerity she could.

"Then, why are you here?" He broke the eye contact and looked away. He could feel blood rushing to his cheeks.

"It's complicated."

The music of the sea calls me. Yet I can only stand by the edge. Can never be one with it. The sea shall be the witness of me.