81

The prince who fell and became smitten. Who gave up on living the day he came back to where he came from. The prince who once promised to never give up, fell on the ground and couldn't get back up.

But her. She made him see colours again. She wasn't perfect. She was far from perfect. Filled with flaws and imperfections. But she's his home. A person who knows him well without him having to say a word. The one who reciprocates in her own way, subtle but filled with love. The one who gave him a reason to get back up even when it hurts so bad.

But fate is cruel. Just when he thought he found his person, his home. Fate brought him back to his starting point.

Hua DeLuna was the reason why he decided to not give up. But fate decided otherwise.

********************

"I don't want to add more salt to your wounds, Luna. You've lost so much. And I have given you so little. I can't possibly hurt you more," he pulled away from Luna's touch. Walking away from her.

Luna slowly picked up the broken photo frames and the scattered photos. "Hendery, why do you like taking pictures?"

"Memories. So even when they're gone, the memories remain."
"Then what makes you think you've did so little when you've made so much memories with me? Hendery, people die. It's inevitable. But please know that, it hurts less than you walking away from a person.
"I don't even have a year."

"One year. One hour. One minute. That's a whole lifetime, Hendery. It doesn't matter," she placed the photos in his hands. Hendery looked down onto the photos. His heart broke into pieces as the photos reminded him of the past.

"Memories remain the same even when the people change. You told me that."
"You'll want to remember me? Being all messy and ugly?"
"It's a story. There will be the smiles. The cries. The pretty and the ugly. Come on, Hendery."

"Luna, even when I'm not going to be the same anymore?" He slowly mumbled under his breath.

"Even when nothing is not the same anymore. Because love is not just loving. It's everything else in between too. So Hendery Wong will you go downstairs and eat? Because someone told me you haven't eaten in days," she smiled. Her fingers we're playing with the tips of his hair, slowly going up and running them through his hair - assuring him she would always be there. Hendery pouted and sat down on the bed.

"Food sucks. Tastes like sand."
"Well, you're in luck! Your professional food explainer is here. Let's eat first then clean this room. I love you," she pulled him.

You who gave me reason to live again, be happy always.

************************

Yangyang pulled the money away from Xiaojun's grasp when they saw Hendery coming.

"Damn it!"
"Told ya she's good. Thanks for the pocket money," Yangyang shoved the money into his pocket. Xiaojun shook his head. His hand spontaneously smacked the back of Yangyang's head.

***************************

Xiaojun excused himself when he got a phone call. Before he left, he hugged Hendery and whispered into his ears. "You owe me 100 bucks," he pat Hendery's back before he left.

Yangyang was ready to leave but Hendery stopped him.

"What??"
"Walk Luna home later, okay?"
"Walk? Her house is like a whole bus trip and there's no bus at this hour."
"She'll show you a shortcut. Right Luna?" Hendery turned to Luna. She nodded.

"Yeah. Faster than a bus. Come on," she raised her brows. Yangyang shrugged. He didn't mind walking her home.

Hendery poked the rice in his bowl, not wanting to eat it.

"Are you going to eat that?" Yangyang asked when he kept poking the bowl. Hendery shook his head.

"Nah, bet it'll taste like sand."
"Do you even know what sand tastes like?"
"This," he pointed to the bowl in front of him.

Luna sat down and placed a plate of fruit on the table. She shoved a piece of apple in his mouth without warning. "It's sweet. Crispy, juicy and fragrant," Luna mumbled as he chewed on it.

**********************

Yangyang was amused with the couple. He couldn't fathom how Luna could be so patient with Hendery. Or how Hendery was suddenly a big baby with her.

For as long as he knew Hendery. The only time he became a baby was when he got super homesick at one point of their whole school year. The rest, he was the toughest cookie Yangyang had ever known. Never to break even when his body told him he should give up. Never.

He helped Luna cleaned the glass shards on the floor. She was going up and down the stairs with mops and all.

"I'll be downstairs okay?" She said when they finished the last of the cleaning. Both Hendery and Yangyang nodded.

When she disappeared Yangyang started to tease Hendery. "A prince... uuuuu a prince...." Yangyang mocked Hendery.

"Wanna die?"
"Pleasure!!" Yangyang jumped on the bed. He lied down. Hendery lied down too.

"You know, DJ just gave me a hundred bucks because he lost our bet," automatically Hendery slapped Yangyang's forehead.

"You stinking twat."
"Love you too Hendery," Yangyang teased him and ran out of the room.

*************************

They were talking softly. As if they're whispering. Kelly thanked Luna again and again. "You don't know how much it meant to us. Thank you Luna. For existing."

"Kelly, that's so cheesy. I did nothing."

They were laughing when Hendery walked in and hugged Luna's neck. He buried his face in her neck.

"Kelly's here," Luna slapped his arm softly.
"Let her be. I miss you so much," he mumbled. Luna rolled her eyes. She was shy but Hendery didn't let her go.

"You're now my squishy," he said the same thing that he said the day the agreed to fall in love.
Luna automatically bursted into laughter.

"Yes I am your squishy. So is this mine again?" She held up her hand and shook it. The bracelet dangled. Hendery was sneaky but not sneaky enough.

He nodded.

Could it be the world is crashing, but I'll still be here.