82

Yangyang walked Luna down the street. He stopped when he saw the cemetery gate.

"Seriously? Cemetery?" He asked her in disbelief. Luna nodded. "As serious as ever. Come on," Luna held her hand out. Yangyang laughed and held on her hand.

"So you're not afraid, huh?"
"Nah. People are scarier."
"Sure?"

"Boo!" Luna poked his waist. Yangyang laughed and ran away from her. She ran after him.

"Leo be careful!!!!"

**********************

"Leo be careful!!!" Luna shouted when a ball hit Leo's head. Leo fell on the ground with a thud.

"I told you to be careful!" Luna held her hand out. Leo smiled and pulled her to the ground.

"I was careful."

***********************

Yangyang looked up. "I do not wish to climb up the stairs," he turned to Luna who chuckled.

"I'll grab my car keys and send you back. No worries."

It was 2 am. Yangyang probably would piss himself walking through the old cemetery all alone. Luna ran up the stairs.

She stopped in front of the house when she saw the hoodie she usually keep in the car was on the ground. Slowly she punched in the passcode but once again it has changed.

"Oh the slut is back."
"Why is this here?" She held the hoodie up. Yun shrugged.

"I sold the car."
"YOU DID WHAT?!" Luna couldn't believe her ears.

Yun ignored her and just scoffed. His eyes caught a familiar thing on Luna's wrist. The bracelet. For the longest he didn't see it. He could feel his blood boiled.

"Why did you sell my car?"
"Oh shut up! You can't deal with it leave the fucking house," he walked away from her. Luna threw the hoodie at him.

"Get the fuck out of my house!" He turned to her and slapped her hard.

"Your house? Get a ......" Luna stopped when Mrs.Hua opened the door to her room.

"Leave Luna."
"But mother..."

"Get out of the fucking house, fatty. Don't come back!" Yun pushed her head hard and slammed the door to his room shut.

Mrs. Hua faced Luna. Softly the old hand cupped her cheeks. "Leave. You promised to keep it forever. And if you can't, leave Luna. I beg you.."

"All these years, was I ever a daughter to you?"
"Who could love a pebble in a shoe, Luna?"
"Your son ruined my life and I am the pebble in the shoe?"
"Luna, leave. Take your stuff and go."

Sometimes things are just aren't as it seems.

**********************

It was silent. Yangyang sat on the swing quietly. He looked up to the sky. It was a full moon. The moon shone brightly that night.

"You know I'm sorry I called you Leo just now," Luna broke the silence.

"Nah... I'm fine. I guess I remind you of someone named Leo?"
"Yeah. My brother."
"So, I'm like a brother to you then?"

She turned to him and nodded slowly. Yangyang smiled. "Cool! I never had a sister."

"Let's go home," Yangyang got off the swing. He picked up one of Luna's bag and started walking away.

"What home?"
"Duhhh. Home. You want to sleep here? Come on!" He pulled her hand. They walked through the cemetery again.

**********************

She locked the bathroom door and sat in the shower. She wanted to cry so badly but her tears were dry. She just sat there, numb.

For the longest she tried so hard to make things work and it still doesn't. She started to scrub her skin. Her hands were brushing against the skin so hard that it turned red. Still, she kept scrubbing. Soon the water turned red as her skin started bleeding.

She finally broke down. She sobbed so hard that even the sound of water couldn't conceal it. She cupped her mouth trying to swallow the pain in. But how could she?

"Luna... open the door," Hendery knocked slowly.
"Go away. Please.... ."
"I'll sit here," he refused to leave. Luna could hear him sitting down in front of the bathroom door.

It was 4 am and the house was silent. Minutes passed by, Luna unlocked the door.

"I can't do this anymore," she fell onto the floor and sobbed again. This time, she didn't even try to hold it in.

Her arms were red with deep scratch marks. Her clothes were wet for she sat underneath the shower with it. Hendery pulled her into a hug, not caring if he too got soaked.

How can I leave you when I haven't had the chance to make everything better?

*************************

Hendery applied the ointment slowly on her arms. "Anywhere else?" He asked before putting the whole first aid kit away.

"Why me, Hendery?"
"Why what?"
"Why does everything bad happen to me?"

He smiled. His hand softly pushed away strands of damp hair from her face. "You know, God gives his hardest battles to the strongest soldiers."

"I'm not strong."
"Oh but you are. Given everything that happened. I know you're strong."
"You don't even know the half of my story," she mumbled slowly. Luna buried her face in her knees.

"It's okay. You don't have to tell me everything."
"Hendery, would you still want me if I'm no longer me?"
"If tomorrow, I wake up and you turned into a worm. I'd still love you. I'd carry you in my pocket and we'll have adventures together," he kissed her crown softly.

She looked up to him. "Then promise me that you'll love me even as a worm," she held her pinky out and smiled. Hendery laughed but he too held his pinky out.

"Promise."

**********************

"Why in the world would I even touch her, ma? Disgusting! She probably did some hanky panky with that soft friend of his and point fingers at me. Come on."

Mrs Hua turned to Luna. "You heard him?"

"Mother... He..."

"ENOUGH! I don't want to hear you accusing Yun. I don't want to care. You're now on your own," Mrs. Hua walked away from the conversation. The moment she disappeared, Yun inched closer to Luna. He smirked.

"Poor little slut. Mom doesn't believe in you. Well, since you're already a slut. What about one more time?" His hands travelled all over Luna's torso. She froze, not knowing what to do.

"Please stop."
"Oh. But it's fun. Isn't it? You enjoyed it."
"I didn't! And you know that!"
"Well sucks to be you. You're the slut. Not me," he laughed and walked away.

And for all eternity, I wanted to just perish at that moment. So I don't have the memory of being a victim.