61

He scrolled through her playlist.

"All of these are sad songs!!" He sounded frustrated. Luna laughed.

"I listen to them while reading. Do you expect me to listen to full blown rap songs while reading a sad novel?"
"I don't know. Don't you listen to something fun?"

"Try my Out Of Norm playlist," she suggested. Hendery clicked on the playlist and lo and behold a full list of random songs with different genres.

"Girl, Queen? Metallica? AC/DC? Panic at The Disco? Taylor swift? Justin Bieber? One Direction? You listen to anything, don't you?"

"I think there's Frank Sinatra somewhere in there. Go crazy," she chuckled. Hendery clicked on the songs looking for the ones he's interested in. Suddenly her phone rang.

"Hala called."
"Loudspeaker please."

"Hua DeLuna save me I am bored! This baby won't leave me yet!" Hala shouted from the other line.

"Hala, I think I need hearing aids," Hendery shouted back.

"Where is Luna?!!"
"She is driving!"
"Come over!!!!"

"Stop shouting both of you!" Luna stopped them from shouting. "I am driving and I almost lost my hearing. Be there in 45 mins. What you need?"

"Snacks and some korean food. I'm craving for some kimchi."
"Does kimchi stew for lunch sounds good??"
"Amazing!! See you guys! I'll set up some movies too," Hala ended the call. Hendery laughed.

**********************

They walked through the grocery store like a married couple, choosing stuff for their groceries that week.

"Do we need this?" Hendery held up a bag of apples. Luna shook her head. He put the apples down slowly.

"We buy apples somewhere else. It's expensive here," she whispered as he walked with her to another aisle.

"Hendery, do you want meat or chicken?"
"I want Luna," he leaned on her shoulder. "Okay meat then," she picked some meat and put it in the cart. He laughed.

Just like deja vu, they walked past a couple of ladies who were giving out samples. Once again, they heard loud whispers.

"Awww I want a relationship like that..."
"My boyfriend won't even go shopping with me. He says it's a woman thing," the other lady nodded and sighed.

Hendery turned to Luna who was playing deaf. He poked her waist. "Hear that?"
"Probably another couple."
"Luna, it's just us here."

She turned to placed the chips in the cart and their eyes met. He leaned forward to her as close as he could. She froze and leaned back. He smiled and blinked his eyes twice. Luna without any hesitation, leaned forward and kissed him.

***********************

Sometimes she says the darnest things and do the most surprising actions. But that's what makes her, her.

Hendery's eyes widened when their lips met. His heart was beating so fast. She broke the kiss and winked. "You've used your quota for the day," she chuckled and pushed the cart. Hendery froze as she walked away from him.

"Did you say quota of the day? So I can use my quota again tomorrow?" He trailed after her like a puppy. Luna nodded. Without warning, he hugged her arm tightly. "So, can we go out again tomorrow?"

'Allow me to make you happy for these two weeks.'

***************************

Hendery watched as Luna punched in the passcode to Hala's house.

"Baby mama!! We has arrived!!" Hendery announced their arrival. He placed down the paper bags on the dining table. Luna made herself at home. She was quick to unload the groceries.

Hendery carried the snacks to the small coffee table by the television. Despite being out for so long, it's only 11am. Without even saying anything, Luna knew where the pots and pans were by heart.

"Luna why are you cooking? We can order takeout," Hala made her way to Luna and rested her chin on Luna's shoulder.

"But I know you want home cooked meals. And cooking isn't hard anyway."
"I'll help," Hala pulled the carrots away from her and started peeling them.

It was something Hala missed. To be cooking with Luna and just listen to Luna babbling over her silly mistakes.

Hendery watched both Hala and Luna from the sofa. For a moment he questioned himself. Two women. One from his past and one in his present. But the feeling isn't the same. His eyes were locked onto Luna as she moved all over the kitchen. She made his heart fluttered and beat so fast but she also the one that made him feel comfortable and at home.

Hala, the one who made his whole entire being jittery and he melted whenever she smiled. But never once he felt what he feels whenever he's with Luna.

"You're going to burn holes through my head Hendery," Luna said without even turning to him. Hala bursted into laughter as Hendery quickly ducked and pretended to watch the television.

It's crazy that I've grown to love you when I thought I wasn't loveable.

*************************

A pot of hot steaming kimchi stew and a few side dishes later, lunch was ready.

"I know you don't like spicy stuff. Here's a mild one for you," Luna placed a bowl in front of Hendery. It was the same stew but less spicy looking. He smiled and mouthed thank you to her.

Hala just wanted company. She just wanted Luna to be around. Probably because she spent most of her time being away for so long, she wanted the comfort of being with the person who took care of her the most.

The movie was exhilarating but Luna fell asleep 20 minutes into the movie. Hendery sat down on the floor and munched on some sunflower seeds. Both him and Hala were absorbed into the movie.

"You know, her mom was an artist."
"What?" Hendery shifted his attention to Hala.

"Her mom was an artist. She used to do art exhibitions and all. Luna too used to paint a lot but Yun burned all of her paintings and art supplies when she was 13. When her parents passed away all of her mother's artworks were auctioned off for the money."

"Why are you telling me this?"

"So you can take her to the art exhibition tomorrow. They're her mom's. I don't know who collected those but that person got almost all of the art pieces and is now doing an exhibition. Take her there. She'd love it. Possible date idea," Hala winked. Hendery leaned on the sofa, his head were on Hala's legs.

'I'm sorry....'