𝗬𝗨𝗟𝗘

YULE
"𝖻𝖾𝖼𝖺𝗎𝗌𝖾 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗆𝖾𝗋𝖾 𝗍𝗁𝗈𝗎𝗀𝗁𝗍 𝗈𝖿 𝖻𝖾𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝖿𝗋𝗂𝖾𝗇𝖽𝗌 𝗐𝗂𝗍𝗁 𝗁𝗂𝗆 𝗆𝖺𝗄𝖾𝗌 𝗆𝖾 𝗐𝖺𝗇𝗍 𝗍𝗈 𝗍𝗈𝗋𝗍𝗎𝗋𝖾 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗇𝖾𝖺𝗋𝖾𝗌𝗍 𝗅𝗂𝗏𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗇𝗀."

—ALEXANDRIA IMMEDIATELY HUGGED HER FATHER AS SOON AS SHE STEPPED OUT OF THE HOGWARTS EXPRESS

ALEXANDRIA IMMEDIATELY HUGGED HER FATHER AS SOON AS SHE STEPPED OUT OF THE HOGWARTS EXPRESS. It was finally the day the students went back home for Yule break, which was what Alexandria was waiting for, since she missed everyone.

Tom chuckled fondly, hugging back and ruffling her hair, making her groan. "I see you missed me."

"Of course." She grinned, which faded away when she noticed something behind Tom, making her pull away to get a better look.

Tom frowned, following her gaze.

It was Lily and James Potter, both of them doting on their son, who looked like he would much rather be anywhere else.

Harry Potter sighed as his mother tried fixing his messy hair for the 50th time, and looked around the station.

His eyes immediately stopped on Alexandria, who was already looking at him.

"Let's go home, Lex." said Tom, giving her a hand.

His daughter nodded and held onto his hand, letting herself be apparated with him.

"You're friends with Potter?" asked Tom that night when he walking into his daughter's room after knocking.

Alexandria, who was sharpening her daggers, clutched it tighter in her hands.

The thought of being friends with Harry Potter made her feel sick.

"Of course not." She said hotly, throwing a dagger at her new aim board which was by the door— a gift from Dolohov and Mulciber.

Tom's eyebrows rose at the amount of anger hidden in that throw. "May I ask why you are angry?"

"No, you may not."

"That's no way to speak to me, Lex." said Tom sternly as he sat down on the couch by the fireplace in her room.

Alexandria, who was on the other side of her enormous room, didn't answer.

"I've asked you a question. You're supposed to answer."

"Because the mere thought of being friends with him makes me want to torture the nearest living thing."

"Ah," nodded Tom. "unfortunately, you will not be torturing me today."

Her lips quirked upwards, much to her dismay.

Tom stood up and walked over to her, taking one of her many daggers to inspect it. "I don't remember you having this one."

"Sirius got me that for Yule. He got a slap to the head from Remus in return."

He let out a small laugh, something he'd have never done with his death eaters or anyone else. "Typical."

Alexandria nodded and took the dagger from his hands to sharpen it. "I thought you were on a raid."

"I'm supposed to be. However, I'm not forgetting to tell my daughter goodbye."

She sighed, knowing what that meant. Whenever Tom had a long raid, which he believed would take more than a day, he'd always tell her goodbye just incase something would happen.

"Why's it going to take long?"

"We're going to kidnap the Minister. We need highly classified information about something."

Not even surprised, she nodded, not looking up from the sharpened dagger in her hands. "Goodbye."

Tom sighed at her tone immediately. "Lex, it might merely take a few days."

"I know. I'm not mad. A bit disappointed, more likely."

"Why's that?"

"I was under the impression we'd spend Yule together."

"And we will. Like I said: only a few days."

"Promise?"

Tom nodded, crouching down to her level and kissing her forehead softly. "I promise I'll try."

"Shit.." mused Sirius the next day when he walked into his goddaughter's dagger-throwing room.

The room was huge. It had many aiming boards on every wall, each of them having a few daggers stuck on it.

In the corners, however, were many glass boxes on top of each other, which were filled with the many types of daggers Alexandria had.

She had every kind of daggers: a few for it being pretty, many for throwing/her lessons, a couple for holding onto everyday just incase to save herself from something, and many others just for having a collection.

"First time in here, Padfoot?" asked Alexandria, who was in the middle of the room, throwing two daggers at the same time to two of the walls.

"Yes." Sirius nodded, too in awe to say anything else.

Remus walked in, immediately frowning in caution. He was the only one (other than Tom, who hid it.) that was extremely cautious of his goddaughter having a dagger in her hands, due to the huge fear of her getting hurt.

"Lexie, please be careful." Remus said sternly.

Alexandria ignored what he said and asked, "Is father back, yet?"

"No." Sirius shook his head, walking over to one of the many glass boxes.

He and Remus were the only ones at Slytherin Manor with Alexandria, due to her wanting them to stay with her rather than the others.

She always got to choose who stayed with her whenever the inner-circle and her father went on a mission, because Tom didn't want to leave her alone in fear of something happening to her and not being aware of it.

"When's he coming back?"

"A few weeks."

Alexandria dropped the dagger she was holding and frowned immediately. "But.. he said it would only take a few days."

"They didn't know the Minister had about 38 guards, Lexie." explained Remus with a frown, knowing what she was feeling. "It'll be alright. Sirius and I will spend Yule with you."

It was the first time that Alexandria wasn't spending Yule with her father, which was why she was hurt. Trying not to show it, she nodded. "Alright. Thank you."