𝗦𝗣𝗜𝗘𝗦

SPIES
"𝗇𝗈𝗍 𝗁𝖺𝗏𝖾 𝗁𝗂𝗆 𝗌𝗉𝗒 𝗈𝗇 𝗆𝖾!"

SPIES"𝗇𝗈𝗍 𝗁𝖺𝗏𝖾 𝗁𝗂𝗆 𝗌𝗉𝗒 𝗈𝗇 𝗆𝖾!"

THE NEXT WEEKS PASSED BY QUICKLY. Stepping out of the Hogwarts Express, Alexandria sighed, wanting nothing more than to go back home.

Her eyes roamed around the platform, immediately finding her father.

He was busy talking with the Malfoy family to notice her.

Her trunk getting snatched out of her hands caught her attention. "Such a gentleman," she scoffed sarcastically.

"I try," grinned Draco as they walked over to them.

"The only thing I warn you about is exactly what you do," said Tom as soon as they apparated back home.

"Great way to greet me, father."

He sighed and started pacing by the fireplace when they reached his study. "Alexandria, I told you specifically to lie low for a while."

"And that's what I did—"

"From what I've heard, you're friends with Potter!"

Alexandria's jaw dropped. "Excuse me? Where did you even hear that from?!"

The door opened, catching their attention.

Lucius and Draco Malfoy walked in. "We can come back later, my lord." said Lucius, noticing the obvious tension.

Alexandria's eyes didn't move from Draco, who was guilty-looking. Her lips parted as she connected the dots.

"That would be appreciated, Lucius." Tom said through gritted teeth.

The Malfoys immediately walked out of the room and shut the door.

"I can't believe it.." frowned his daughter. "Malfoy. That's where you heard it from."

"Lex—"

"You.. you.." she couldn't even form a proper sentence due to the heartache she felt. "I can't believe you.." was the last thing she said before walking out of his study, shutting the door with a snap.

That night, Alexandria was sitting by the window in her room, a mug of hot chocolate, which Remus had made for her, in her hands and watching as it snowed.

Someone knocking on the door made her look away from the window. "Come in."

The door opened, Tom walking in.

Alexandria's hands tightened around her mug. She immediately looked back at the window.

"May I explain?" asked Tom.

No answer.

"Lex, please answer me."

She took a sip from the hot chocolate, still not looking at him, nor did she answer.

"I didn't ask for anything else. All I asked him was if you were alright and I found out that you've been talking to Potter."

"So, that's why you don't let me go on missions alone. Because you have him babysitting me." She finally spoke up, but her words were filled with venom.

"Of course not—"

"What else did he tell you?"

"Nothing, Lex. I promise you."

"How can I even believe you, Tom?"

Tom's face fell. "Don't call me that," he mumbled and sighed. "What do you mean by that, anyway?"

Alexandria shrugged. "You broke your promises before, I'm not even sure if I can believe that one."

"Lex, I am your father. I'm just looking out for you. I don't want you anywhere near Potter, because I'm afraid he'll find out who you were."

"You could've just told me that!" She suddenly exclaimed angrily. "Not send a bloody messenger as my mission partner! Not have him spy on me!"

"Lex, he is your mission partner. He is not a spy. It was just once. I needed to make sure you were alright."

"Why didn't you send me a letter instead?!"

"Because Dumbledore might confiscate your letters. He's already suspicious."

His daughter immediately frowned. "He is?"

"Yes," sighed Tom. "I didn't want you to know that, because I didn't want you to stress."

"Oh," she mumbled and sat down on her bed.

The man walked over to her and crouched down, putting a hand on her cheek. "Lex, I'll protect you. You're my daughter. You've got nothing to worry about."

"How can I even be sure anymore?" Alexandria asked, avoiding his eyes. "I haven't felt like your daughter in years."

"What?" His eyes widened. "Lex, how can you even think that?"

"I'm adopted and they're looking for me! Who knows what they will do if they find me?! I don't want— I don't want them to find me.."

"Lex, listen to me." He said sternly, smiling when she calmed down. "You're my daughter. Adopted or not."

Feeling a little better, she asked, "Really?"

He kissed her forehead softly. "Really. And trust me when I say this: they will never find you. And even if they will, you're not Ava Potter— you're Alexandria Slytherin."