𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗬𝗨𝗟𝗘 𝗕𝗔𝗟𝗟

THE YULE BALL
"𝖨 𝗐𝖺𝗌 𝗒𝗈𝗎𝗋 𝖿𝗂𝗋𝗌𝗍 𝖼𝗁𝗈𝗂𝖼𝖾?"

THE YULE BALL"𝖨 𝗐𝖺𝗌 𝗒𝗈𝗎𝗋 𝖿𝗂𝗋𝗌𝗍 𝖼𝗁𝗈𝗂𝖼𝖾?"

—WEEKS HAD PASSED AND IT WAS THE DAY OF THE YULE BALL. Alexandria walked into the view of the great hall, where Cedric was waiting. Speaking of Cedric, his jaw had dropped to the floor when he noticed her.

For once in her life, Alexandria wasn't wearing anything dark. Her dress was gray with designs on it— a slit by her leg. Her hair was simple; it was opened and straightened, but it still made her look ethereal.

"You look.. stunning." Cedric breathed out as she finally reached him.

Her lips curved into a smile, something unreal. "This is the part where I thank you, isn't it?"

He let out a laugh. "If it makes you feel uncomfortable, then no."

"Thank you."

He didn't have time to reply as Professor McGonagall ushered the champions into a line for their first dance.

"You know," started Cedric as they started dancing. "For a second I thought you wouldn't come."

"You really think I'm that mean?" asked Alexandria, looking a bit offended.

Cedric gave her a look. "Apparently you've killed at age 8 and have tortured. I think 'mean' is an understatement."

She smiled. "You listen." She stated, surprised.

"Of course I do,"

"Well, it's about damn time," said Alexandria, who was by the drinks, looking at Pansy and Daphne— who were holding hands.

They both blushed and mumbled something like "Shut up" and walked away to dance.

"Here," Cedric handed Alexandria a cup of juice.

"Thank you." She took it, ignoring his smile when she said that.

She looked around the ball, pointing towards somebody on the dance floor. "Isn't that the girl you like?"

Cedric followed her gaze. "Cho? No." He answered with a shake of his head. "I don't like her."

"But you asked her to the ball?"

"No. I only asked you."

Alexandria slowly looked at him. "I was your first choice?"

"..you were my only choice."

"Hey," Cedric started, noticing her look. "Too many people?"

Alexandria merely nodded.

He gave her a hand, smiling when she took it without hesitation. Then, they walked outside of the ball and into the courtyard— which was empty and snow was.. well, everywhere.

They could still hear the music playing from the ball as they weren't too far away.

Cedric, noticing this, said, "Dance with me."

Alexandria raised an eyebrow. "That's not how you ask a girl to dance."

He grinned and pulled his wand out, muttering a charm— which made a green and yellow rose appear in his hand. "Will you give me the honor of dancing with you, miss Slytherin?"

Not even bothering to stop the smile growing on her face, she nodded. "Of course, mister Diggory."

"Call me Cedric," said the boy as they started slow-dancing.

"Call me Alexandria."

When the music stopped and another song came on, none of them moved in their places.

Alexandria had her hands behind Cedric's neck, who had his hands on her hips.

He slowly started to lean in— and Alexandria, noticing this, also did.

The kiss was soft and gentle, almost as it was meant to be like that.. and for the first time ever, Alexandria felt a spark in her chest; a feeling of—

"That wasn't friendly.." murmured Alexandria as they pulled away.

"No, it wasn't," Cedric shook his head, but leaned in again and kissed her again— which she immediately did, too.

That kiss was filled with care and it was less gentle; but still enough.

And maybe— maybe— it wasn't so wrong to feel.. just this once.