𝗔 𝗗𝗔𝗧𝗘 𝗧𝗢 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗕𝗔𝗟𝗟?

A DATE TO THE BALL?
"𝗁𝗈𝗐 𝖺𝖻𝗈𝗎𝗍 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖨 𝗀𝗈 𝗍𝗈𝗀𝖾𝗍𝗁𝖾𝗋?"

A DATE TO THE BALL?"𝗁𝗈𝗐 𝖺𝖻𝗈𝗎𝗍 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖨 𝗀𝗈 𝗍𝗈𝗀𝖾𝗍𝗁𝖾𝗋?"

ALEXANDRIA ROLLED HER EYES WHEN THE GIRL HUFFED AND LEFT. She had been rejecting people all week, not wanting to go with them. "She would've been great, Dria." Daphne pointed out.

"No."

Daphne nodded and went back to the book she was reading with Pansy.

Alexandria stood up and walked out of the library.

"No date?" asked a voice behind her.

She turned around. "No. You?"

"Nah," Draco shook his head and started walking with her. "Well, I was thinking—" but he stopped when he noticed Cedric Diggory, who was walking up to Alexandria. "Nevermind. I'll— i'll just leave."

Alexandria frowned in confusion, but nodded.

"Is he alright?" asked Cedric when he reached Alexandria, both of them watching Draco, who was walking out of sight.

"Dunno," Alexandria mumbled with a shrug.

"—and it wasn't my fault!" finished Cedric.

The two were sitting down under a tree and it was about an hour later.

Alexandria laughed. "It was. It really was."

Cedric let out a fake-annoyed huff, but still chuckled.

A few minutes of silence passed until Cedric suddenly looked nervous. "Do you have a date to the ball?"

Alexandria shook her head, leaning back on the tree. "Nope."

"Nor do I. How about—" he cleared his throat, looking awkward "—you and I go together? If you want, of course."

"Don't you like that Chang girl?"

Cedric frowned, looking scandalized. "No! She's going with Potter, anyways."

Her eyebrows rose. "So I'm a second choice?"

Looking even more scandalized, Cedric exclaimed, "No! Alexandria, you know that's not true—" but he was cut off by Alexandria laughing.

"I'm just kidding, Cedric." said Alexandria. "Yeah, sure. Let's go as friends."

"Friends," Cedric's face fell, but he nodded. "Yeah."

Alexandria raised an eyebrow when Pansy had approached her, both of them in their dorm. "I need your help." said Pansy.

"With?"

"Asking Daphne to the ball."

"Well, it's about damn time!" exclaimed Alexandria as she stood up and grabbed Pansy's hand. "Come on. I've had a plan for years."

"Years?"

"Of course! I always knew you'd end up together!"

"Cissa!" exclaimed Alexandria happily as she hugged the woman. The two were in Diagon Alley— wanting to shop for a dress for the Yule ball.

"Hey, sweetheart." Narcissa hugged back, just as tight, her smile was as wide as the girl's. "How are you? How's school going?"

"Could be better," shrugged Alexandria as they pulled away. She started following Narcissa into one of the shops.

The woman frowned in concern. "Why? Is everything alright?"

Alexandria shrugged again, now looking at the many dresses. "Of course."

"That is gorgeous," Narcissa pointed to a red dress. "Would you like to try it on?"

The young girl shook her head. "I'd like a black or silver dress."

Narcissa nodded understandingly and started looking, as did Alexandria. "So, who's your date?" She asked excitedly.

At this Alexandria let a small smile spread onto her face— mostly due to the excitement in the woman's voice. "I'm going with a friend. As friends."

Narcissa's face dropped. "You're going as friends? Alexa, this is a literal ball. It happens— I don't know like once every four years? And you're going as friends?"

"Yes," nodded the girl with a laugh. "As friends, Cissa."

"Who is it, anyway?"

Alexandria hesitated. "Cedric Diggory."

Narcissa's eyes widened a bit. "Diggory? Alexa—"

"I know. I know." Alexandria cut her off. "Light family propaganda and shit."

"No swearing."

Alexandria ignored that and continued, "But I just.. He's the only friend I have and I couldn't reject him."

"What about Draco?" asked Narcissa nonchalantly, pulling out a dress. "Didn't he ask you?"

"Malfoy?" Alexandria's eyes widened with horror. "No! We literally hate each other. No offense."

A smile spread across the woman's face. "That's what I used to say about Lucius."

Alexandria fake-gagged, making Narcissa laugh.