𝗔𝗦𝗧𝗥𝗢𝗡𝗢𝗠𝗬 𝗧𝗢𝗪𝗘𝗥

ASTRONOMY TOWER
"𝖻𝖾 𝖿𝗋𝗂𝖾𝗇𝖽𝗌 𝗐𝗂𝗍𝗁 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝖽𝖺𝗋𝗄 𝗅𝗈𝗋𝖽'𝗌 𝖽𝖺𝗎𝗀𝗁𝗍𝖾𝗋, 𝖻𝗎𝗍 𝖽𝗈𝗇'𝗍 𝖻𝖾 𝗌𝗎𝗋𝗉𝗋𝗂𝗌𝖾𝖽 𝗂𝖿 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝖽𝗂𝖾 𝗂𝗇 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝖾𝗇𝖽."

—THAT NIGHT, ALEXANDRIA WAS ON TOP OF THE ASTRONOMY TOWER ALONE

—THAT NIGHT, ALEXANDRIA WAS ON TOP OF THE ASTRONOMY TOWER ALONE. "5 points from Slytherin for being out of bed— are you alright?" asked a voice behind her suddenly.

"Do I look like I am?" Alexandria rolled her eyes, not facing the person.

Cedric walked up to her side, looking at the girl, who was not looking away from the stars. "No. But then again— you never do."

She rolled her eyes again, but didn't reply.

A few seconds of silence passed until she asked the question that had been bothering her for days, "Why do you think that I'm.. nice?"

Cedric looked like he was in thought. "You're just a kid."

"I killed someone when I was 8."

"A kid can't be evil." He continued, ignoring her.

"My first word was literally 'knife'," the girl scoffed. "Well— it was actually 'dada' but knife was a close second."

"And you don't.. seem to have anybody to show you.. well, light." shrugged the boy next to her.

"Diggory, I'm literally Voldemort's daughter."

Cedric cracked a small grin. "I doubt that, Miss Slytherin."

Her lips parted. "You don't believe a word I just said, do you?"

"Nope," he shrugged again. "None."

Alexandria let out a small groan and a sigh.

The sigh caught his attention. "I.. I kind of noticed something at the first task."

"What is it?" She asked, tired.

"Nobody.. nobody was there for you. To cheer you on, I mean." He explained, noticing her confused look.

Her confusion was gone in a second and her face was now void of any emotion. "He couldn't come."

"Your father? Don't you have a sibling or.. anyone else?"

"No," she shook her head, but then stopped. "Well, I have a werewolf as my godfather and a disowned illegal-animagi as my other godfather. I have a murderous.. well, woman.. in my life, who lives with us. Her husband is wanted for torturing two aurors and so is she. I have a dagger-loving.. uncle.. whom I throw daggers at in every lesson. I have two other.. uncles.. who are also both wanted for torturing the same aurors and have a 10,000 galleon price tag on their heads— and a cell in azkaban with their names on it. I have another crazy uncle, who's also a deatheater. They all are. Oh, and did I forget? Voldemort is my father."

Cedric, unsure what to say, merely chuckled. "What a loving family."

"Deatheaters are no family," the girl rolled her eyes for the hundredth time that day. "They know no love. They never got any, so they never show it."

"From what I've gathered up, they all love you."

She let out a sarcastic laugh. "They never say it."

"They don't have to say it," he pointed out. "Do they show it?"

Alexandria frowned in thought. "Sometimes. Nonetheless, I don't know the.. feeling.. of—" she wrinkled her nose in disgust "—love. So, even if they show it, it's no surprise I'm unaware of it. Which is why I want them to—" she stopped and finally looked at him. "Well, look at that, Diggory. I've just told you my whole life story." She squinted her eyes in suspicion. "How?"

"What?" asked Cedric in confusion.

"Well, admit it. Did you put a charm or a spell on me? Or even put veritaserum in my drink?"

"No."

"Come on, you can't expect me to believe that."

"This—" he pointed to himself and her "—was a deep conversation. You know.. the one between friends?"

"Friends?" Alexandria mocked with another laugh. "You want to be friends with me?!"

"Yes."

She shook her head. "No, you don't. You'll regret it and i'll probably want to kill you."

"I highly doubt that. You need a bit of light in your life and I want to be the one giving you that."

"So in other words: you want to be the light to my darkness?" She slowly asked.

"Exactly." nodded Cedric.

"Oh.." something flickered in the girl's eyes. "No. I don't want you getting caught up in my family."

"Look, I don't care what you think you're family is like."

"You really should," she scoffed. "Voldemort's my father."

He rolled his eyes. "Let me guess, you've also tortured someone?"

"Yes," her eyes lightened up. "I did. It was euphoric!"

"Right." Cedric nodded with a small chuckle.

She pursed her lips. "Still don't believe me?"

"Nope."

"Alright," she gave him a hand to shake. "Be friends with the dark lord's daughter, but don't be surprised if you die in the end."

He grinned and shook her hand. "I'd be honored to die in the end."