𝗗𝗥𝗔𝗖𝗢 𝗠𝗔𝗟𝗙𝗢𝗬

DRACO MALFOY
"𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝖽𝖾𝗌𝖾𝗋𝗏𝖾 𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗉𝗂𝗇𝖾𝗌𝗌. 𝗌𝗈 𝗂 𝗅𝖾𝖿𝗍."

—IT WAS NOW THE NEXT DAY, AND UNFORTUNATELY, ALEXANDRIA HADN'T SLEPT WELL LAST NIGHT

—IT WAS NOW THE NEXT DAY, AND UNFORTUNATELY, ALEXANDRIA HADN'T SLEPT WELL LAST NIGHT. Hence why this was happening—

"A detention?" scoffed the girl, looking at the teacher in disbelief.

The bell rang, dismissing all the students— except for Alexandria, who had to stay for detention.

"You weren't paying attention," said Mad-Eye Moody. "Why's that?"

"You look like Moody," said the girl. "I'm not talking to you until you change back, Barty."

"That'll take an hour. I took the potion a few minutes ago."

"Do I look like I care?"

Mad-Eye rolled his eyes. "No."

Alexandria leaned back on her chair in boredom.

Meanwhile, Barty had somehow now turned back into himself. He merely grinned when she gave him a questioning look. "Now, why weren't you paying attention in class?"

"I literally knew everything you were teaching."

"That doesn't matter, Alexa. What's going on with you? I'm starting to get worried and I don't want to report this back to your father."

"Oh," recognition dawned upon her. "So, you were the one who told him about my-supposed-boyfriend— who, might I add, isn't my actual boyfriend."

Barty looked guilty. "My Lord brought it out of me and I couldn't help it."

She shrugged. "Whatever."

"Alexa, what's wrong?"

"Stop insisting that something's wrong." She almost snapped, but caught herself in time. "May I go now?"

Barty merely nodded.

Alexandria looked up when somebody had sat in front of her in the common room, where she was doing the potion project she had in the corner of the room.

That was no surprise as the Slytherin common room had their own potion ingredients and cauldrons in the corner just for that— thanks to Salazar's love for potions, which most people don't know about.

"What?" asked Draco angrily when he noticed her stare.

"You have no right to be angry with me, Malfoy." sneered the girl. "I, however, do. What the fuck is wrong with you?!"

"Let's just get this project over with so I can leave and you can go back to your pretty boyfriend," he stood up and grabbed the ingredients.

"That's why you're bloody mad?!" Alexandria exclaimed in shock, while he was starting to get the potion ready for their project.

Draco finally looked at her. "You've said it for years now; we hate each other. So, I'm just starting to show it."

"But you've never been like this."

"People change, don't they?" He shot back coldly, looking away.

"Draco.."

His head snapped up.

"What's actually wrong?" questioned Alexandria further.

"You deserve happiness," said Draco finally after a few minutes of silence. "So I left."

"What do you mean you 'left'?"

"We have our own missions now and everything—"

"What?!" She cut him off in shock. "Since when?!"

"I thought you knew?"

"No." The girl shook her head. "I didn't."

Draco shrugged, looking unbothered as he started stirring the potion. "Pity."

"So, that's it? We're no longer going on missions together?"

"That's what you've always wanted."

"Not anymore! That was obvious!"

"No, it wasn't! You can't keep thinking of yourself, Alexandria! Especially not when everybody is thinking of you, too!"

She stared at him in disbelief. "You really think I'm selfish?"

"I know you're selfish." Draco said coldly. "You only think of yourself and your heart— which, might I add, is surprising if you even have one. You keep thinking of what you feel and what you want."

"I do?" She whispered, avoiding eye contact. "I'm sorry."

"Sorry?" He scoffed, looking at her in disbelief. "I see Diggory has taught you manners."

"You know what? Fuck you." Alexandria punched his arm. "The only reason I think of what I want is because nobody else does!" She punched his arm again, eyes tearing up now. "The only reason I think of what I feel is because nobody else does!"

He grabbed her hand, but not tightly, making her look at him. His eyes softened. "I've spent my life thinking of what you want and feel. Even when we were kids. The reason I never came to the Manor was because I knew you hated me and didn't want to see me. The reason I've acted like I hate you too was because I didn't want you to feel guilty for thinking that I do when I really didn't."

She took a few steps backwards and wiped the few tears that fell from her face. "I still hate you," she mumbled.

He chuckled. "I thought so."