𝗕𝗥𝗘𝗔𝗞 𝗨𝗣

BREAK UP
"𝗐𝗁𝖺𝗍𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗋 𝗐𝖾 𝗁𝖺𝗏𝖾 𝗀𝗈𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝗈𝗇 𝖻𝖾𝗍𝗐𝖾𝖾𝗇 𝗎𝗌.. 𝗐𝖾 𝗌𝗁𝗈𝗎𝗅𝖽 𝗌𝗍𝗈𝗉."

—A FEW MINUTES LATER, ALEXANDRIA WAS WALKING AROUND THE CASTLE

A FEW MINUTES LATER, ALEXANDRIA WAS WALKING AROUND THE CASTLE. She had finished her potion project with Draco and wanted to take a walk, thinking about what had just happened.

Was she really selfish?

Her thoughts were interrupted when she was stopped. She looked up from the ground she was staring at and raised an eyebrow. "What?" She asked coldly.

Cedric frowned at her tone and let his hands fall to his sides. "What's bothering you?"

"Nothing." She said and tried leaving, but was stopped again.

"Andria, are you alright?"

Alexandria looked around the empty corridor, suddenly glad that nobody was there. "We should stop."

"What?" frowned the boy in confusion.

"Whatever we have going on between us.. we should stop."

Cedric took a step back in hurt. "What?" He whispered.

"Look, Ced.." she took a deep breath. "I don't want to hurt you, nor do I want you to be in danger— which you will be if this doesn't stop."

"How?" He practically begged, voice cracking. "Andria, I don't care if I'll be in danger—"

"I do! I don't want to see you getting hurt, especially if it's because of me."

"So that's it?" asked Cedric.

"For once in my life, I'm not being selfish and am thinking about somebody else; you."

And she didn't know whether to be scared of that or not. Especially because it was easy for her to do so.

"Again: I don't care if I'm going to be in danger. All I care about is you."

"And I care about you, too. Which is why I'm doing this," explained the girl, avoiding his eyes. "I'm sorry, Ced."

Cedric looked away, hands now in his pockets. "Will you at least explain to me about the danger?"

Alexandria merely said, "I wasn't lying." and left.

He stared at the wall in thought, now alone.

His eyes widened.

She really is Voldemort's daughter!

but then, he whispered, "I don't care."

Alexandria stepped into her dorm, catching Daphne and Pansy's attentions.

"Are you alright?" asked Pansy immediately, noticing the tears in her eyes.

The Slytherin heiress nodded, but stayed quiet as she laid down on her bed, twirling a dagger in boredom.

Daphne and Pansy shared a look, then both walked over to her and sat down on her bed.

"Dria?" Daphne softly asked, watching as the girl sat back up. "What's wrong?"

"I ruined whatever I had going on with Cedric," shrugged the girl, obviously trying to act like everything was fine. "It's alright, though."

"Oh, Dria.." Pansy shook her head and pulled the girl in her arms.

And that was all it took for Alexandria to start crying.

Cedric was the only person to make her feel something. Cedric was the only person who was able to make her laugh and smile easily. Cedric was the only person she.. well, the only person she wanted.

Cedric was the only person who could make Alexandria want to be selfless.

..but why did it hurt her so much to do the right thing?