𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗗𝗘𝗔𝗧𝗛 𝗢𝗙 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗣𝗢𝗧𝗧𝗘𝗥𝗦

THE DEATH OF THE POTTERS
"𝗂'𝗅𝗅 𝗄𝗂𝗅𝗅 𝗍𝗁𝖾𝗆."

—ALEXANDRIA STEPPED OFF OF HER HORSE AND STARTED WALKING THROUGH THE FOREST

—ALEXANDRIA STEPPED OFF OF HER HORSE AND STARTED WALKING THROUGH THE FOREST. She put her hood down when she noticed Harry, who had been waiting for her. "So?" She immediately asked.

Harry didn't reply and instead asked, "How are you feeling?"

"I didn't come here to talk about my feelings, Potter. Have you thought about my offer?"

"Yes, and I accept."

Alexandria was about to turn back around, but stopped. "You accept?" She repeated, actually shocked.

Harry nodded. "Yes. But what about my parents?"

"If you accept, you've got to leave them."

"I know that. I meant what if they find out?"

Alexandria had a little smirk on her face. "They won't."

"What?" asked the boy, confused.

"You said you accept, right? You accept to join the dark side. The side that actually needs neutral cores. The side that adores children with all their heart. The side that knows more love than the light actually do. Right?"

He nodded, but didn't know where she was going with this.

"And to do that, you've got to prove yourself worthy."

Harry frowned. "Prove myself worthy? How do I do that?"

"Well, that's easy. The dark is all about killing and tortures," shrugged the girl as if it was nothing. Then, she made eye contact with him and said, "You've got to kill James and Lily Potter."

Harry backed up in shock, paling immediately. "I've got to do what?!"

"They're using you for your fame. You've already said that, haven't you? Why should this be hard for you?"

"Yes, they're using me, but Alexandria.. they're my parents!"

"Parents who would kill you without a second thought if they found out you're joining the dark."

Harry's frown went away as he looked thoughtful, looking into the distance. He knew she was right, and that was what hurt him. However, if he killed his parents, he would have the one thing he always wanted: his sister.

"I'll do it," said Harry confidently. "I'll kill them."

Alexandria gave him a smile, which was unusual. "I'll be looking forward to it, and when you do that, you'll be living with us. Remember: it's best if you don't let it get traced back to you."

"And what about when we return to school?"

"You'll be acting like you were living with a neighbor or somebody Dumbledore wouldn't think to check. Also, do something to your house after you've killed them as you'll then have a reason not to stay there."

Harry nodded, but then looked confused. "Right.. how do I kill them?"

"Your choice: poison, my daggers, torture—" her eyes lightened up. "—or the best one: a type of poison that tortures them for hours until it finally kills them."

"I'll— I'll take the last, I'm guessing?" questioned Harry, knowing by her excitement.

Alexandria pulled something out from her pocket and gave it to him.

It was two small packs of the poison.

"Put it in their juice or something. Also, it's best if you put a silencing charm around your home."

"It's under the Fidelius charm. Nobody would hear anything."

"That's even better," nodded Alexandria. "Goodluck, Harry."

"Thank you," he said, watching as she walked away. "I'll be needing it." mumbled the boy, looking at the poison.

That night, Harry was in his room, still looking at the two packs of poison in his hands.

He hadn't had a chance to put it in his parents' foods or drinks, something which bothered him more and more as seconds passed.

He looked up when the sound of a cage rattling caught his attention. "I can't let you out, Hedwig." He sighed, looking at his owl. "You know what mum said. People will realize you're my owl."

"Harry!" His mother's voice boomed throughout the house.

Harry groaned and stood up, putting the two packs in his pockets and rushing out of his room.

"Yes, mum?" asked Harry as he stepped into the kitchen.

Lily pointed to the desserts on the table. "Come eat with us."

Harry nodded reluctantly and sat down in front of his father, who was looking excited. "We have an interview tomorrow with Rita Skeeter," said his father.

Harry sighed. "Dad, Rita's works are all nonsense."

James waved a hand, looking unbothered. "No, they aren't. Especially when we're going to be on the front page."

Harry was about to reply and act excited— as always— but their doorbell rang.

Lily looked up and made eye contact with her husband. "That must be Molly. I invited her over to give her some of the sweets," she said and walked out of the kitchen, James following not too far behind.

As soon as they were out of sight, Harry pulled out the packs of poison and opened them, pouring each one in his parents' drinks.

When he was done, he put it away, and that was when Molly Weasley came in with his parents. "Oh, Harry dear!" exclaimed the lady, giving him a hug. "You're growing so much!"

Lily smiled and gave her a pack of sweets. "I hope you'll enjoy them, Molly. Please, sit down. We'd love to talk to you."

"I wish I could, but I can't. Fred and George are getting in more trouble than ever, those boys." Molly shook her head.

Harry tuned them all out until she finally left. He stood up when his parents walked in. "I'm going to bed. Night mum, night dad."

"GoodNight, Harry." The two chorused as he walked away.

"Any minute now," muttered Harry about 15 minutes later, waiting in his room.

Suddenly, a scream filled with nothing but pain was heard— which Harry knew was his mother's.

And seconds later, his father's screams were heard.

And for the first time ever, Harry didn't feel anything and stayed in his room, not even bothering to help as their screams died down hours later and they finally died.

In fact, he felt.. powerful. Was this how Alexandria felt when she killed people? Was it this exciting? Did she feel the same effect?

The love of power. The love of their screams. Was it what she liked?.. or was it just Harry?