𝗨𝗠𝗕𝗥𝗜𝗗𝗚𝗘'𝗦 𝗗𝗘𝗔𝗧𝗛

UMBRIDGE'S DEATH
"𝖣𝗈𝗅𝗈𝗋𝖾𝗌 𝖴𝗆𝖻𝗋𝗂𝖽𝗀𝖾 𝗂𝗌 𝖽𝖾𝖺𝖽."

—IT WAS NOW THE NEXT MONTH

IT WAS NOW THE NEXT MONTH. Alexandria and all the other students (especially those who had gotten detention with Umbridge) were fed up with her. Which was why Alexandria was writing a letter to her father— asking him to send a death eater to kill Umbridge. Killing her may have seemed a bit drastic, but what Umbridge had said about Cedric's death made Alexandria's blood boil.

"What are you doing?" asked a voice, making her sigh immediately.

"Nothing to worry about, Malfoy."

Not listening to her, he leaned forward, looking at the letter. His eyes lightened up, "She'll be gone?"

"Hopefully," said the girl, standing up. "I've got to send it to my father."

Stepping into the owlery, Alexandria walked over to her brother's owl— Hedwig.

It was because she knew that Dumbledore would confiscate her letters, but there was no way he'd suspect anything with Harry's 'letters'.

She had already asked Harry for permission for using his owl, so there wasn't a problem.

"Take it to Thomas Slytherin, will you?" whispered Alexandria to Hedwig.

Hedwig nodded and flapped her wings, then flew away.

It was now a few days later.

Sitting down on her bed with the letter— which she had just gotten from her father— she opened it.

'Lex,

I'm doing fine, thank you. I've sent a few death eaters to kill Dolores Umbridge, like you told me to. She'll be dead soon, so there's nothing to worry about. Unfortunately, Dumbledore found out about Sirius and Remus joining the death eaters, so Remus cannot be your new teacher like you wanted. However, he hasn't tried anything, so that's good for now.

I'll keep you updated.
~Thomas Slytherin.'

She groaned at the thought of having another new teacher, but stopped as soon as she realized what her father said.

Umbridge was going to die soon.

"What are you so happy about?" asked Daphne, who had just walked in, noticing her wide smile.

Alexandria shrugged. "I have a good feeling about this week."

"Let's hope so," sighed her friend.

"Attention, students!" Dumbledore's voice boomed throughout the Great Hall, where everyone had finished eating at.

Everyone became quiet, looking at their headmaster.

Dumbledore looked around them all. "It is painful for me to tell you all this, but.. Dolores Umbridge is dead."

Gasps and whispered started erupting.

"Due to a heart failure," continued Dumbledore. "Your new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher will be Professor Selwyn—" He motioned towards a man sitting in the usual DADA teacher seat "—and I'm sure you'll all treat him with respect. Now, chop chop! Off to bed all of you."

"I thought the Selwyns were died out?" whispered Pansy as they stood up and waled out of the Great Hall.

"Who are the Selwyns?" asked Daphne, the only one in the trio without much information on purebloods.

She came from a pureblood family, of course, but the Greengrasses respected halfbloods and even muggleborns— one of the few pureblood families to do so.

"Ancient dark families. Only second to the Blacks." Pansy explained.

"They wanted to join Voldemort in the first wizarding war," continued Alexandria. "but the light side killed them before they had a chance to do so."

"Why?" Daphne asked further, confused.

"They were too powerful." replied her girlfriend.

"And one of them was suspected to have a dark core. That was a threat to the light side." The Slytherin heiress said.

Pansy nodded along her words, showing that she was right. "Now there's only one person living with a dark core."

Alexandria smirked. "Me."

"Exactly," Pansy slung an arm over her shoulder. "Which is why you've got to be careful, Dria."

"I am," nodded her friend confidently.

"So.." Daphne finally connected the dots. "The Selwyns. Aren't they supposed to be dead?"

"They are," said Alexandria. "which is why; whoever he is.. he's not a Selwyn."