𝗛𝗢𝗠𝗘

HOME
"𝗉𝗋𝗈𝖻𝖺𝖻𝗅𝗒 𝖽𝖾𝖺𝗍𝗁."

—THE NEXT FEW MONTHS PASSED BY QUICKLY, EVEN THOUGH IT FELT LIKE IT WAS YEARS FOR ALEXANDRIA

—THE NEXT FEW MONTHS PASSED BY QUICKLY, EVEN THOUGH IT FELT LIKE IT WAS YEARS FOR ALEXANDRIA. She wasn't as heartbroken as she was when Cedric had first died, but there was still a piece of her heart missing— which she knew would never get replaced.

Tom frowned when his daughter walked up to him in the station, looking rather emotionless. He should've been proud of that— what with being a dark lord and all— but it was his daughter. He didn't want her to be emotionless, nor did he want her to act like it.

"Are you alright?" He asked in worry, taking her trunk.

"I just want to go home," mumbled Alexandria, looking tired as she accepted his hand— getting apparated out of there with her father.

That night, Alexandria had her head on her brother's lap— who was busy with reading a book about the Dark Arts, but was playing with her hair and listening to what she was saying.

"So, it was Cedric?" asked Harry.

Alexandria nodded, blankly staring at the wall. "Yes."

They fell into silence after that, remaining that way for a while.

Until Alexandria very quietly said, "I watched him die."

Her brother frowned, putting his book down immediately. "What?" He asked, unsure if he had heard her correctly.

"He died in my arms. I was ready this time, but it still hurt."

"You can't catch a break, can you?" mumbled Harry in sympathy, not looking away from her.

She rolled her eyes. "Someone has it out for me."

"You mean a whole side," he corrected her. "The whole light side, Alexandria."

"Thanks for the support," she glared at him.

Harry shrugged. "It's not like they'll be able to do anything to you—"

Alexandria cut him off with a scoff. "Not likely."

He grinned. "Not if I'm still alive. We'll stand together even in life and death."

"Probably death."

"Death for sure," nodded the boy in agreement.

Alexandria was in her father's study the next day— listening to him talk about the mission she was going to have soon.

"Send me on more missions," she cut him off.

Tom frowned. "What? Why?"

"I haven't been on a mission for almost a year or so. I want to make it up to you."

"Lex, I don't care. As long as you're safe."

"I will be. I need to do this, father.. please."

"Is something going on?" frowned the man again, looking at her in worry. "You never say 'please'."

Alexandria nodded. "Everything is fine. I, however, won't be if you don't let me go on more missions."

Tom rolled his eyes. Nonetheless, he nodded. "Alright, but you better come back safe. Do not get sent to prison again."

"I was never sent to prison—!"

"You almost were. Lex, I've agreed to send you on more missions like you want. Now, you've got to agree not to do anything too reckless."

"Yes, father." Alexandria mumbled, having the decency to look ashamed.

Tom's eyes softened at that, but he didn't say anything— pointing to the door instead and watching as she walked away.