𝗛𝗘𝗔𝗥𝗧𝗕𝗥𝗘𝗔𝗞

HEARTBREAK
"𝖺𝗆 𝗂 𝗋𝗂𝗀𝗁𝗍?"

—ALEXANDRIA LOOKED UP FROM THE BOOK SHE WAS READING WHEN SOMEBODY SAT IN FRONT OF HER

—ALEXANDRIA LOOKED UP FROM THE BOOK SHE WAS READING WHEN SOMEBODY SAT IN FRONT OF HER. She frowned, looking around the library, searching for somebody that noticed the Slytherin heiress and the Gryffindor golden-boy together. "What are you doing?!"

"Relax. Dumbledore already told me to spy on you."

She glared at him. "How is that supposed to make me relax?"

"We can hang out and he won't be suspicious at all," Harry pointed out with a victorious look. "Besides, I found something out about your father."

"What?" frowned Alexandria, her full attention on him now. "What did you find out?"

"He has something that keeps him alive. Immortal."

She rolled her eyes, looking back at the book in her hands. "Tell me something I don't know."

"Dumbledore's after whatever keeps Voldemort alive."

Her head snapped up, and for the first time ever, Harry noticed an emotion in her eyes— fear. "What do you mean he's after what keeps him alive?"

"His hand, Alexandria. Whatever keeps your father alive has ruined his hand." Harry almost shuddered. "It's disgusting."

Alexandria stood up immediately, grabbing a parchment. "I have a letter to write. I'll be back to you later."

"Take it to my father," Alexandria told her new eagle— a gift from Sirius, who just had a flair for dramatics— giving her the letter.

The eagle took the letter and nodded, flying away.

"Are you alright?" asked a voice behind her.

She turned around and nodded almost immediately. "What's that?" She asked, pointing to the package in his hands.

Draco looked at it and sighed. "A cursed necklace. I'm find a way for Dumbledore to wear it."

"That's extremely risky, Draco." said Alexandria with concern. "Are you sure?"

"It's the only plan I could come up with, so yes. I'm sure."

She nodded wordlessly.

"It killed nineteen muggles," continued the boy. "They didn't know it was cursed or anything. The last muggle that died was a neighbor of Borgin, who stole it and put it in his shop."

"So.. it kills anyone that touches it?"

Draco nodded. "I'm using an imperious curse on somebody to give it to Dumbledore."

"That is the riskiest and most absurd plan I've ever heard, Draco!" scolded Alexandria immediately. "It's bound to get into the wrong hands. You don't want any more attention on you—"

"I just want to get this over with, Ellie."

"And I know that," her eyes softened. "but this isn't the way. Unless—" something flickered across her face "—unless.."

"Ellie—"

"Unless you want something bad to happen."

"Of course not!"

"That's it.." she ignored him, starting to walk towards him. "I have gotten so dumb." she frowned, furious. "Am I right? I'm right, aren't I? You don't want to succeed in this task."

"I'm scared, Ellie.." he whispered, flinching when he saw her look. "I'm sorry."

"Why wouldn't you want Dumbledore to die? I don't understand."

"I do want him to die. I just— I don't want to be the one to kill him. The whole light side will be after me—"

"So, you're using the main person's daughter in the dark side." She looked up, green eyes meeting his grey ones. "Am I right, again? You're using me. So that my father won't do something to you when you fail."

Draco became quiet, avoiding her eyes.

Something cracked in Alexandria's chest.

"Leave," she pointed to the door, looking away from him. "Get out."

He didn't need to be told twice, immediately walking out of the room.

And she didn't know why, but she wanted him to turn around.

Tell her that she was wrong.

Prove to her that she was wrong.

But the door closed. And she was left alone. Again.