𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗜𝗡𝗖𝗜𝗗𝗘𝗡𝗧 𝗔𝗙𝗧𝗘𝗥𝗠𝗔𝗧𝗛

THE INCIDENT AFTERMATH 
"𝖺𝗆 𝗂 𝖽𝖾𝖺𝖽?"

—EYES FLUTTERING OPEN, ALEXANDRIA IMMEDIATELY SHIELDED HERSELF FROM THE BRIGHT LIGHTS

—EYES FLUTTERING OPEN, ALEXANDRIA IMMEDIATELY SHIELDED HERSELF FROM THE BRIGHT LIGHTS. "Fuck," she cursed, trying to sit up, but was pushed back down by someone immediately. "I'm glad you're alright, but drink this, Miss Slytherin." said Madam Pomfrey, immediately shoving a potion down her throat.

Alexandria grimaced at the taste, watching as she walked away.

"You're okay.." whispered someone.

She looked to her side, now noticing Draco on a chair and her brother right next to him. "Am I dead?"

"No," Harry shook his head.

"Dammit," mumbled Alexandria, rubbing her eyes. "How long was I out for?"

"A month," said Draco.

Her head snapped to the side again. "A month?! What even happened?"

Harry frowned. "You don't remember what happened?"

Alexandria closed her eyes, trying to remember. "I remember there was blood. So much blood—" her eyes snapped open. "Granger almost killed me!"

Harry sighed, looked guilty. "I'm so sorry, Alexandria. She must've found my book and used the spell."

"Snape saved you in time. He healed your wounds, but that was all he could do. You lost a lot of blood. Madam Pomfrey has been taking care of you all month," explained Draco further, obviously trying very hard to hide his concern.

"I'll give you both some space," Harry stood up, looking at Alexandria one last time and walking out of the hospital wing.

"I'm so sorry," said Draco as soon as the door closed and they were alone. "I should've been with you—"

"It's not your fault, Draco."

"But I could've stopped it. I should've protected you—"

"Draco, I can protect myself. This time, however, was just a shocking experience and I didn't even know she knew that spell. Regardless, I'll be ready next time."

He nodded, not even bothering to argue. "How are you feeling? Do you need me to get you anything?"

"Water, please," said Alexandria, only now noticing how dry her throat was.

Draco immediately stood up and walked to the other side of the hospital wing, getting a glass and filling it up with water.

"Have I missed anything?" She asked as he walked back to her and gave her the filled glass. "Thank you."

He shook his head, while she was drinking the water. "Dumbledore's still alive. Granger wasn't expelled nor did she even get a detention. Everybody acted like she was a hero."

"What about classes or the cabinet?"

Draco became quiet, sitting back down on the chair next to her bed.

Her lips parted. "You skipped all your classes and didn't try to fix the cabinet?"

He swallowed. "I couldn't leave your side, Ellie."

"You should get some sleep, Draco. You look like you haven't slept all month."

"I wasn't the one almost dying. You should get some rest," pointed out Draco, reaching over to hold her hand and giving it a reassuring squeeze. "Please."

"Fine," nodded his girlfriend, noticing how desperate he looked.

'Sectumsempra!'

Alexandria gasped, sitting up immediately. She groaned in pain and clutched her stomach.

Draco was up in an instant. "Are you alright?" He asked in concern.

"Nightmare," she shook it off and laid back down. "I'm fine."

The door almost opened, catching their attention, but it didn't even open fully.

Draco stood up in an attempt to see what happened, but Alexandria grabbed his hand and looked at him desperately. "Don't leave," she mumbled.

"Of course not," he said, sitting back down. "Are you sure you don't want to talk about it?"

She nodded and made some space beside her on the bed, pointing to the bags under his eyes. "You should get some rest, too."

"Would you be comfortable with it?" asked Draco to make sure.

She nodded, lips quirking upwards when he got in the bed and wrapped an arm around her waist softly. "Goodnight, Draco," she whispered, one of her hands playing with his hair.

"Night, Ellie." He kissed her forehead, watching as she closed her eyes.

About an hour later, when he was sure she was asleep and safe, he also fell asleep. Both of them in each other's arms.