Chapter 5

———————————————————————

ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

———————————————————————

Choi Haewon POV

"What about you Haewon, why did you move here all of a sudden?" Jake asked.

"When I was born my mother found out my father had cheered on her with another woman, she had also gotten pregnant. A few days later my father left my mother, who had a newborn me, to go and live a life with the other women. My mother struggles to make money and developed a drinking problem. A few days ago she got a new job that paid better money than the last one, but she had to leave me behind. She left to go to Jeju two days ago"

"Have you ever met your father?" Jake asked again.

"Yes- but I don't want anything to do with him"

"Where is your dad now?"

"I don't know. He is a businessman who only does things for others if it benefits him" I shrugged my shoulder and stuffed my mouth with some of the half-eaten snacks on the table. The atmosphere became quiet. By the look on their faces, the guys surrounding me were thinking about what to say next as the conversation had come to a dead end.
"I don't have an interesting life, I like blending in with the crowd to not attract so much attention.
I have an advantage by being non-memorial, people have a tendency to easily forget me since I don't play a huge role in their life. Of curse, I have some close friends and all, but none more than that"

I felt my hands slightly shaking as I thought back to all the rings I could not say; all the bullying and mental abuse in my childhood. How I had been tailed and mentally abused by Hyunmin ever since I rejected him when we were kids. How he became like a daemon following me at school every day.

Suddenly, the sound of a chair being pushed back filled the room. Jungwon had risen from his chair and was marching towards being. He placed his arms around me and embraced me in a tight back hug."Don't cry" he whispered.
I touched my cheek with the tip of my fingers and felt some tears streaming down my cheek. Quickly I used the palm of my hand to wipe them off and apologized for making them uncomfortable.

I carefully got out of Jungwons embrace and talk the guys that I needed some space. After locking myself in my shared room, I put in my earphones and played some loud music to drown my thoughts away in the endless stream of lyrics.

(~_~;)

I hadn't noticed how long I had bees locked in my room before the faint sound of someone knocking on my door caught my attention. I turned off my music and checked the clock on my phone, only to relive that I had been locked inside my room for almost two hours.

"Haewon" Niki shouted from the other side of the locked door. "Haewon open the door!"

I muttered some curse words under my breath and unlocked the door for him to enter. "What?"

Instead of answering me, Riki grabbed my wrist and dragged me towards the couch, where Heeseung, Jake, and Sunoo where sitting.
"You got her, Great" Heeseung cheered. He then turned to me. "We are having a movie night, do you got any movie, in particular, you want to watch?"