Chapter 48

I'm sorry if some of you think the story is getting a bit boring, I promise it will get more interesting, just stay with me for a chapter or two.

- moonlight

———————————————————————

_:('ཀ'」 ∠):

———————————————————————

Choi Haewon POV

Due to the surveillance cameras, the police had managed to start an emergency call when they saw the lady being attacked. Which in my case led them to arrive just as the man was about to end me too. They had taken him down and handcuffed him, taking him to the police station.

When they found the lady it turned out she had bleed to death. Apparently, she had a gigantic stab wound on her belly. But how could I know, she was wearing a black sweater?

I now found myself sitting in an uncomfortable chair at the police station. The constant sound of phones ringing, people chatting and printers fills the air of organized chaos.
It was well past midnight now, but I was not sleepy. Tired, yes, but not sleepy.

"Miss Choi, if you could follow me" a police officer led me to a small interrogation room. He sat me down in the chair opposite of him as he asked me some questions and took notes.
Though there was not too much to ask for, due to the camera footage, he needed some basic information like; what my purpose was being there late at night, what I had seen, and so on.

"Thank you for cooperating. You are now free to leave and we will contact you if we need further information regarding the case. Thought that will most likely not be necessary"

So there I was, yet again, standing outside in the cold night air alone.

(≧∇≦)

Today was the day. I had decided to not hide anymore... at least for now. I was going back home.

Today was a fairly calm day. Yuri had stayed home today, leaving me some space to breathe. The rumors said she got pretty hurt from the fall yesterday, I didn't believe that. I'm not saying she deserve to be hurt or mistreated, I'm just saying that it was an accident that could have gone wrong, but didn't.

Today was also the day I headed back to work. After school, I rushed to the cafe to change into my school uniform.
It felt like it had been way too long since I had stepped foot in the cafe, yet it still felt like yesterday.

"Order number 107"

Due to one of our coworkers being absent today, I had said I could take over this shift, to make some extra money. So instead of my usual three-hour shift, I now had a six-hour shift.
Kai had gone home a few hours ago, leaving me to spend the last two hours alone in the small shop.
After the last customer left I turned the sign on the door to close. I swiped over the floors and tables before moving on to clean the coffee machines and prepping the food for tomorrow.

Suddenly the front door opened and someone entered. Confused as to why someone would enter a closed cafe I poked my head out of the back room door.

"Heeseung?" I tilted my head confused. "You know we are closed, right? The cafe closed up almost thirty minutes ago"

"I came to keep you company." That's so sweet. "And to see if you had any leftover cake" I take that back.