Chapter 71

Boom Diggi Diggi boom boom boom boom

- moonlight

———————————————————————

(^。^)

———————————————————————

Jay Park POV

"Wait, didn't you say you placed an AirTag on Haewon?" Jungwon asked as we snuck down the stair.

"I did" I suddenly remembered. Taking out my phone I checked the app, but was soon disappointed to see that there was just a huge red dot on the whole dock. I tried to zoom in, but nonetheless, the dot didn't budge.

"Just great" the younger uttered, sarcasm tainting his words like red paint.
"What now? Is lightning suddenly going to strike down on our heads?"
He crossed his arms leaning against the metal container.

"Please tell me you have some good news"
I pleaded as I spotted Jake coming towards us. The said male shook his head in disappointment and lowered his head. A mere silence grew between us as hope started to run out, we had no clue which container it was, if she even was here, no anything.

"I found something!" Heeseung announced dragging Niki behind. "I found footprints that all lead to one container"

Running after the two we made sure to look out for anyone else who could be there.

Once we reached the old red container we started banging on the sides and shouting her name. But after a while, we realized that the longer we kept on going the more likely we were to get caught, and that if Haewon had heard us she would have heard us one of the first ten times we shouted.

"One step forwards, two steps back"

———————————————————————

(@ ̄ρ ̄@)

———————————————————————

Han Layla POV

Stepping off the bus I ran through the streets. The dark sky hovered above me, bringing me back to the countless times I went out for a late-night run to lose weight or clear my head.

Stepping out on the crosswalk without looking to both sides first was never a good use. Nor was it now. That fact that I was a character in a book didn't make me immune to a car crash that's to happen later in the book, and to the many parents that had to die before stories to make the main character an orphan.

Not paining attention I don't notice the sound of a car horn or the bright light coming right towards me before it was too late.

Falling down on the ground I covered my head knowing that I would most likely not actually protect my head if a car was to drive into me

The sound of car tires gliding forcefully against the black road cut through the air.

As I found myself still breathing I looked up at the vehicle. Slowly removing my arms from my head I arose from the ground.
Suddenly the car was shut off and the door to the driver's seat opened.