Chapter 26

I'm sorry my chapters have been boring lately. I'll try to write better, and more filling. Just stay with me through this please.

Song recommendation: Madness - Moonbin & Sanha

-moonlight

———————————————————————

(๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)

———————————————————————

Choi Haewon POV

My jaw dropped as we walked through the huge doors of the venue where the business party was being held. "I'm so posting this on Instagram" I muttered to myself.

I looked behind me, at jay who was just done talking to someone, and now walking towards me. He straightened his back as he stood beside me "This will be interesting"

"Why?" I laughed.

"Apparently no one knows that you are Mr. Park's daughter" Jay held out his arm for me to hold as we walked into the room filled with important people. He showed me a small smile before dragging me further into the building.

I laughed bitterly. Can't wait to get this dress off me tonight. It's hella uncomfortable.

It only took us a few minutes of straddling around before someone walked up to us and started a conversation. Or, more like they just talked to Jay.
The guy introduced himself as Choi Yeonjun, another one of the sons of some rich businessman attending the party.

"May I ask who the beautiful lady beside you is, I've never seen you before" Yeonjun turned towards me and reached out his hand. "Hello beautiful, I'm Yeonjun, Choi Yeonjun. If you ever go tired of Jay, give me a call" He gave me cheeky smile.

I reached out and shook his hand "I'm sorry Yeonjun, Jay is my brother- and I think I would get in a bit of trouble if I replaced him"

"Brother?" Yeonjun asked shocked.

I smirked and unlinked our arms. "Half-Brother" I corrected.

"Jay, man" Yeonjun put his arm on Jay's shoulder with a disappointed look on his face "why didn't you tell me you had a sister? I feel betrayed"

"Yeah Yeah-" Jay said in a sarcastic tone as he patted Yeonjun on the back "I didn't find out until a few weeks ago. Don't be mad, lefts get something for you to drink"

Yeonjun linked his arm with mine as the three of us walked over to the bar to get something to drink. He would from time to time point at different people and tell me about them; their family names, profession, and part in the economic system.
Some gave us looks as we passed them, some were curious while others were just judging us. Their looks made me uncomfortable. I straightened my back and kept my and down as I walked in between Yeonjun and Jongseong. So it's not enough with the dress making me uncomfortable, but now people also have to make it worse? Not fair.

"Don't keep your head down" Yeonjun whispered to me. I looked up at him as both he and my brother looked at me as they gave me reassuring smiles.

(^^)v

An hour went by before something started to happen. The light in the room dimmed and everyone turned to the stage located in the middle of the venue. Lights shone towards the stage as a microphone was placed in the middle and a middle-aged man walked up to it.