Chapter 67

-----------------------

(・ω・)ノ

-----------------------

Choi Haewon POV

A day had passed since Sunghoon disappeared. We had the speed the message all over the internet, but no one over the age of twenty-five seemed to care.

The news didn't care.

The police didn't care.

The teachers didn't care.

But we cared.

Groups of teens had gathered together and searched the city, but no one had found anything, until now...

"THEY FOUND THE CAR!" Jake shouted from the living room. He ran around making sure everyone was ready to leave. "It's in the middle of the woods between Seoul and Incheon. LET'S GO PEOPLE!"
The ladder rushed to his room and grabbed a random hoodie for him to wear as the weather was still cold.

With Niki in the trunk, we drove fast over the empty humid roads. The white and yellow lines stretched as far as we could see.
The sun was starting to set on the horizon, making the sky a beautiful sight. But it wasn't, not when one of us was missing.

When one of them was missing.

We pulled turned in on a narrow sand road leading us through the woods. I must admit that the drive was much longer than I would have thought, and felt pretty lonely as we had mostly driven in the dark.

"I see it" Jungwon suddenly uttered once he spotted the car in the dark.

Not even letting the car stop completely Jake opened the door and almost threw himself out. With long uneven steps, he ran towards the vehicle.
The car door was slightly ajar, but the car itself didn't look to have any damage. The car keys lay nicely in the front seat, as did his wallet.

I walked around the car, looking to see if there were any marks of some kind, or if someone had simply just driven it out there. I opened the door to the passenger seat and looked inside as Jake was standing on the other side.

Holding the wallet in his hands Jake turned toward us, tears running down his cheeks. "D-do you t-think he is g-gone" his voice cracked.

"No. But he is not here" Jay started. "Heeseung, Haewon, the two of you will take the car back home. We'll search through it there, see if we find any leads"

"FUCK!" Jake screamed kicking the car. "I come to Korea to study, befriend an idiot, and then he leaves me?"
He sounded more pissed than sad, but I know he was overwhelmed with everything happening. Especially as this happened with notice.

Holding his hand Niki dragged the older back to their car. Though Jake resisted a bit he soon calmed down a bit as he realized that Sunghoon was definitely not out there. And that if it was him who had stopped the car here, he would have most likely gone off or been fetched by someone.

"Full tank, no damages, no personal items inside..." Heeseungs started the car. "Nothing" With knitted brows he opened the glove compartment and looked through the passers and stuff.
"Absolutely nothing"