Chapter 39

———————————————————————

.°(ಗдಗ。)°.

———————————————————————

Kim Sunoo POV

The sun arose behind the dim buildings of the colorless city. I stretched my limbs out trying not to disturb Niki too much. For the last few weeks, I had been sleeping in Niki's bed. I'm the massage Haewon sent there was mostly information about me like she had befriended me to specifically target me when she had grown tired of me.
It hurt.

I liked Haewon. We had grown close really fast and spent a lot of time together, she was my best friend.

I got out of bed, making sure not to wake Niki up, or Jungwon, who slept only a few meters away from us, in his own bed.
The clock had just reached five thirty in the morning, so I was pretty sure Haewon was not awake yet.
Quietly I made my way into the dark room. I grabbed my things and was about to head out when I noticed something strange. She was not in her bed.

I turned on the light and found most of her things gone. Did she leave?

I continued to look around to see if she had left a message or something, and so she had. On the back of our door, she had taped up a small note.

I'm sorry for what happened.
I left to visit my mother in Jeju.

- Haewon

I raised a brow. 'Tsk' Why do I even care? It will be better without her anyways. I scoffed.

After I headed to the bathroom to shower and wash my face. Due to the amount of followers I had on Instagram a few beauty brands had asked if I wanted to try some of their products. Of course, I said yes, I would be an idiot to decline an offer like that. I was quite pleased with how I was doing on social media.
Most people seemed to like it, but as always, someone was hating in the comments. But that's part of the job.

I put on some chapstick and walked out to the kitchen to eat some serial.

"Morning" Sunghoon greeted me in a groggy morning voice. I looked up from my phone and hummed in response. I reached out for my spoon to eat, but instead was met with the cold surface of the table.
I shot my eyes toward the older to find him eating while walking away.

"Fucking penguin!" I snarled.

The said male took a seating before the tv and watched his series as he ate. "When are we going to talk to her? Or are we just going to continue ignoring her?"

"You can call her if you want, no one is stopping you" I poured milk into my new bowl of serial and sat beside him.

"Call?"

"Yeah, she left for Jeju. I don't know when though. Found the room empty this morning, with a note on the back of the door" I shoved the sliver-colored spoon into the bowl.

"Left? Permanently" he panicked.

"No, I don't think so. Most of her things are still in there- I think she left to see her mother" he nodded understanding. As he finished his meal he walked to the kitchen and placed the bowl in the sink.