Chapter 28

———————————————————————

=(^.^)=

———————————————————————

Choi Haewon POV

The bright sunlight hit my face as I stepped out of the bus. Jungwon was right behind me as he looked for his grandmother among the people outside the bus. Or, more like the four people waiting.
"Looks like they're running late" Jungwon muttered in a rather disappointed voice. He let out a small huff and put on his sunglasses.
"I should call them-"

"JUNGWON!~" an old feminine voice yelled.

I shot my head to the right to see a woman in her 80s and a woman in her late 40s running toward us. The younger one waved toward us with the biggest smile on her face.

"H-hi" Jungwon said in a suffocating voice as his aunt embraced him in a bone-crushing hug.
He politely pushed himself off her "Aunt Jisoo, this is Haewon. Haewon-"

"Haewon, dear, it's so nice to meet you" she shifted all her attention towards me and, this time embraced me in a bone-crushing hug. "It's a shame really, Jungwon here hasn't told me anything about you- other than that you were coming with him" she pulled away from me and placed her hands on my shoulders as she scanned my face. "I must say, you are beautiful"

"That's enough Jisoo, let me have a look at her" an old woman, who I assumed was Jungwons grandmother, pushed Jisoo away and shook my hand. "It's nice to me you, I'm Jungwons grandmother, Yang Mina, but you can just call me grandma." She showed me a slight smile and proceeded to greet her grandson.
"It's been so long! Aigo- you've grown so much" she patted his head slightly before suddenly slapping the back of his head. "Tell me Miss Haewon, has Jungwon here been behaving himself?"
She held him by the collar with one hand and turned her body towards me. Jungwon folded his head and looked at me with pleading eyes.

Payback time. "Eh, I mean-"

"WHAT" Jungwon shouted in an attempt to protest.

"- sometimes?"

"HAEWON!"

"He has made quite a bit of trouble for me..." I smirked.

"LIAR- ow"

Mrs. Yang smacked him on the back of the head again. "Don't speak to her like that!"

"Yes, mam." He said firmly and looked down at the ground.

"Calm down Mrs. Yang, Jungwon is one of my dearest friends. He isn't much of trouble to me" I walked over to the struggling boy and patted him on the head. I smiled at him "He is annoying though"

Jisoo broke out in a small laughter "youth these days" she folded her hands together "I'm sure the two of you must be hungry, why don't we get going so that you kids can get some rest before we eat dinner?"

(╹◡╹)♡

My mouth fell at the gap. I jumped out of the car and gazed at the big White House in front of me. It had a rather old design and green plants climbing up its walls.