Chapter 29

Sorry it's been such a long time. I am having all sorts of exams and tests at school now a days. And guess what, I turned sixteen in match so I can finally practice drive legally. I have to wait til I'm eighteen to get my license though.

Sweet dreams babes.

- moonlight

———————————————————————

(o^^o)

———————————————————————

Choi Haewon POV

Nothing last forever...

I sat in the chair in the corner of the living room reading my book silently. Jungwon had gone out with his grandmother to talk about something private, and I was left alone to entertain myself. By all means, don't think of me getting some alone time as something bad. I had been craving it lately.

Not even the love we crave so deeply.

I sighed, flipping the page. I crossed my legs and bent back into the comfy chair.

I'm glad nothing ever last forever. Because that means the pain will eventually fade...

"Didn't need to get sentimental and all. It's just the first page" I whispered to myself.
I continued to read for another hour before I eventually got bored of waiting and put down the book. Though the story seemed interesting enough, I was not in the right state of mind to be reading when my thoughts were too occupied with everything and nothing at the same time.

I lifted myself off the chair and headed out towards the garden.

A smile grew on my face as I realized why Jungwon and Grandma Yang had been gone for so long. The two of them sat in the garden, gardening while talking.
I leaned against the doorframe and took out my phone, snapping a quick picture of the two.

"I should just leave them alone" I folded my arms over my chest as I walked back into the house scrolling on Instagram.
"Nothing interesting?-" I was about to exit the app when something unexpected suddenly showed up. It was a picture Minnie had posted, only a few days ago.

I clicked on her profile.

Picture after picture of her, Jung Jisoo, and Han Laya, doing all sorts of things.

If you don't remember, Jisoo and Laya are the two bullies who drenched me in cold water in the girls-bathroom at school. The two girls who have an unhealthy obsession with Heeseung, are Jungwon, Niki, Sunoo, Jake, Jay, and Sunghoon. Yikes

I scrolled down on her page. If I had counted could I at least have counted about a hundred posts of her, Minnie, and the two others? Whether they had been taken in a photo booth or a park picture after picture continued to show up.
"Didn't know they had gotten this close" I bit the nail on my thumb nervously.

Not that I and Minnie had been physically close over the years, but nonetheless she had been my only friend for more than a few years. I don't know why it hurt, but it still did. A feeling of betrayal, or something. She wasn't bonded to stay with me, and I knew she had gotten really close with Jisoo over the last couple of weeks, but it still hurt.
I let out a long sigh as Jungwon walked into the room that was now filled with a thousand thoughts. Just floating around in the air.