Chapter 38

Sometimes I pity those who
didn't experience Border: Carnival era
and the Tamed-Dashed teasers.
That was truly something else.

- moonlight

———————————————————————

('・_・')

———————————————————————

Choi Haewon POV

A whole week went by. I didn't even dare to talk to them. I would leave early, and come home late. Later than usual. I would even go out on late-night walks because I couldn't sleep.

The message Yuri sent was horrible. It contained some of the most personal matters from the boys life's, and some of Yuri's life, to also make her the victim.

I hid away. I felt like a coward.

At school things were horrible. Many people spread lots of rumors about me, horrible ones. And others ignored me. I preferred the latter one.
I guess Yuri succeeded; the boys hate me. She won.

One of the reasons I was scared of talking to them was that I didn't want to come off as a pick-me. I was scared that I would come off as intrusive, or attention sick.

I exhaled as I sat by my desk working on homework. Loud chatters and laughter erupted from outside my bedroom door, but I knew they would die down once I walked outside.
I scribbled something down onto a sheet of paper, a math equation I wanted to ask for help with. After crumbling up the paper I threw it in the trash can.

I took out my phone and tried calling my mother. But again, nothing. She hadn't answered my calls in months now.

"Can things get any worse-"

I sighed throwing my head back. I was tired.

Another few days passed and I was now on my way to the hospital to get my cast removed. I signed in by the content and sat down in the waiting area to get my name called out. The damage on my arm wasn't too severe, so instead of the usual six weeks, I could take off the cast much earlier.

The doctor soon called out my name and lead me into the office. There he cut open the cast and ripped out the metal rod.
It hurt at first, but once it was out the pain soon faded away quickly.
He wrapped my hand in some light white mandate to secure it since it was still a bit fragile.

On my way out I got a notification that &Team had released a new album. I listened to their debut album, but it wasn't really my style at the time so I kind of forgot about it.
I clicked on the album and played it on my way home. It was amazing. I liked the high chorus's, and this smooth voices.

You know what, I'm not gonna pity myself anymore. I'm gonna talk to them when I get home and find a solution. I'm gonna be the grown-up and do the right thing.

I entered the shared space to find Jake and Niki playing video games on the TV. At least the laughter didn't die down when I entered, they just completely ignored me.
I opened my mouth to say something, but decided otherwise when Sunghoon and Jay came walking.
Instead, I chickened out and headed straight to my room to watch a movie.