Chapter 41

Just feel like spoiling you a bit

- moonlight

———————————————————————

∩^ω^∩

———————————————————————

Choi Haewon POV

The bus ride to my mother's workplace was longer than I had anticipated. It had gone dark by the time I arrived at the destination.

Due to the place being located a bit far from the main city the light pollution was both that bad and therefore made it passive for me to see the stars. They shone so bright in the dark night sky.
"Heeseung would have loved it."

I had long ago decided against just showing up at the workplace. So, instead, I rented myself a small room at a local motel.
As I always did when I saw a hotel bed, I threw myself on it. Not always as practical, but I still did it.
My back hit the semi-hard mattress as I landed on the small bed.

A sudden phone call caught me off guard. The clock had just passed ten in the evening and I was not expecting anyone to call me at this time.

"Hello?" I said puzzled.

"Haewon-ah. It's Grandma. How you've been?" Grandma Yang said in an overjoyed time. "I heard you've been having a tough time lately?"

My shoulders felt heavy as I heard her voice. I hummed quietly. Why do I suddenly feel the need to cry? Don't be so sentimental.

"Won-ah, words" she reminded me.

I swallowed my tears "Y-yeah, things haven't exactly been great I presume"

"Tell me about it. Maybe it can help to vent a little. I'm old, but I have lived a long life. So I may be able to help you with a thing or two"

"For starters, my bully came back and almost... k-killed me. Then the new girl at school joined my former best friend and the school's brat to plot something against me. Then they managed to do it, and now everyone hates me" By the time I had passed the first sentence my voice started cracking.

Don't cry.

Don't cry.

Don't cry.

"You can cry. Don't worry, it's ok"

I'm crying

"I feel like a coward. I had more than fourteen days to try to talk to them, but I could not bring myself to do it when all I could see in their eyes were hatred. I was scared that if I did something it would push them away." I sobbed softly.

The older lady hummed softly. "There are a lot of complicated problems in this world. Do you want me to let you in on a little secret? Most of them could be solved if they had only been talked out.
Most things are t as complicated as we think of them. But we think that way because the path between think and do sometimes feel like the distance between the earth and the sun.
So yes, I do agree that there was a lack of communication here. But it's not too late. You're still young, and what if it doesn't work out with them? There will always come someone new."